smp7 - jungle outpost

Discussion in 'Frontier and Player Outposts' started by zulu9, Mar 13, 2012.

1. Maybe i will include the LLO in "Sunset over Utopia" ......maybe it will become a refugee camp.
    Yes.
    Maybe.
    Jakres likes this.
  2. Wall is done. Tower portal network is up and running again. I ripped out pig island as per our previous discussion. I took out a couple of abandoned platforms near it as well to open the water back up. If those were wanted, I can help whomever rebuild them. We should fix or remove the CAKE island. I spent some time replacing temporary patches to Grand Central with glass and other appropriate materials, and ran around the jungle near town removing random blocks, filling in missing water and such.
  3. Which reminds me .... I need to check on my park and My Graveyard.
    Jakres likes this.
  4. I think the graveyard is going ok at the moment. Your park, I'm not sure.
    Jakres likes this.
  5. Both need a little love, but are at least recognizable for what they used to be.

Hey Dwight, right near Betsy is one of those abandoned chests floating over the water. It belonged to Michael9 or something like that. Care to nuke it? You could probably throw the contents (if any) in a locked, chest in the "new" vault with his name on it.
    Jakres likes this.
  6. Can mods break locked chests? I thought it was only senior staff...

Don't think mods can nuke things...
    Also, you should get nukes into Sims 4! :p

Also, has anyone noticed this is the 555th page of the thread? :D
    Jakres, zulu9 and Philovanrood like this.
  7. I just went to the design review for these! They're DLC and cost $99.00, but you can take out the save game of another player permanently with them.

Just before it goes off, you hear a voice say, "Nuceo Laun Detesay!"
    Jakres, zulu9, mba2012 and 1 other person like this.
  8. Typical EA
    Jakres, penfoldex, zulu9 and 2 others like this.
  9. Do Sims really need feet, or can we get away with selling those to people for extra? We should focus test that. Also graphics... do we need them?
  10. Nah, you don't need graphics, command line games FTW! :p
  11. So, thinking about building a new bridge (because why not).

llo-bridge-map.png

Anyone have any thoughts/objections/preferences for the red or blue routes? I'm leaning towards the blue route because it could eventually connect up with the Rock Line. The white line on the map would be underground and would connect up with the existing rail system. It would be built no matter which bridge route is chosen.

I want to base it off the Arthur Ravenel Jr bridge in Charleston, SC.

Jakres, zulu9, Philovanrood and 4 others like this.
  12. The blue route would be good, it could help trigger expansion in that desert area. Will it be only rail or what? But the red route might me good for a connection with Wintermoon Island.
    Jakres likes this.
  13. Hmm that's a good point. I'm liking the red route better now. :D

Rail plus a walkway on either side.
    Jakres and mba2012 like this.
  14. When will you start building? You could make both... plus a rail way along near the wall to join them...
    Jakres likes this.
  15. Kinda want to start with one first and see how it goes. Still planning it out in creative mode. Will need over 5 DCs of stone though lol
    Jakres and mba2012 like this.
  16. Ask Jakres for stone :p I think go for the blue route first. Try and get growth in the area.
    Jakres likes this.
  17. Got unwatched, how have things been? Perhaps the new bridge can lead to a super modern, gangnam style district. JOKE
    Jakres likes this.
  18. Hi!
    I am thinking on joining this outpost, as it looks really amazing. I plan to build, well, anything to help the community. (Though I have my eyes on a port/canal....)
    Jakres, zulu9 and shavingfoam like this.
  19. How wide were you planning? Rail requires 3 wide. How wide would you make the walkways?

Also, the Red option terminates at, well, nothing. I would be happy to make a gate in the wall there! Optionally, you could run it much farther west to the northernmost Wintermoon island. I was calling it "Paloma" island, but a better name is Rorschach island...
    Jakres likes this.
  20. If you really wanted to make a super modern district, that could certainly happen...
    Jakres likes this.