smp7 - jungle outpost

Discussion in 'Frontier and Player Outposts' started by zulu9, Mar 13, 2012.

1. I was talking with zulu on giving you guys a gift, see my signature and other members of my guild? well, it's auto generated and it updates as soon as people change their skin (and server cache is reloaded), i maybe give it as a gift to him and you, it may be designed by you guys, soon zulu will make a contest to make a LLO official signature ;D
    what do you think?
  2. This just proves my point.
    Don't know if it's other posts I have read that is influencing this or what but this whole "team up" idea rubs me the wrong way.
  3. That i'm about to give you guys a custom code to generate signatures that a friend of mine made for the Delta Team and took days to make? that works with skins, a custom design, custom names and etc and still updates this images with cache flushing FOR FREE prooves your point on me attempting to TAKE over the outpost (theory that was denied like 1000000 times by me, zulu and other players)?

I'm going to bed now, i can't believe you don't understand yet.
  4. I'm not trying to start an argument. All I'm saying is I don't agree with this teaming up thing because I know HOW it turns out. Two groups partner up and then suddenly "Oh you can't do this." "But we've always done this" "Well you can't now. We say so."
  5. Ok. Thanks
  6. Look, if you don't get the fact that we are partnering up with the people interested to lead something NOT WITH EVERYONE and that we want to make new colonies on other servers, without MESSING WITH SMP7's then we can't even talk about the same thing here.
  7. That was my thoughts from the very beginning. It is already starting.
  8. Panda I share your reluctance since I swear copherfield sounds like the head guy at a cult telling me to drink the kool aid but I do like the concept. The beauty of it all is that no change has to come to the SMP7 outpost. You don't have to do a thing.

This "coalition" for lack of a better term would really only have to work together on thef0rums and other servers.

Speaking of which, if it hasn't already happened, the discussion/planning should take place in a private forum somewhere. Atleast until the colony becomes self sufficient and populated.

Also I'd like to volunteer to assist with bringing up a colony.
  9. I don't like how all the planning is private. They should have votes about how it should be run etc. Just like I have done on the site.
  10. I'm not trying to cause problems here, I'm just voicing my opinion on the whole subject. I have been in guilds and things like that on other games and it has turned out the very ways I have mentioned. As long as nothing changes on Outpost on 7 then everything is fine. The moment it all turns ugly we are gonna end up with huge arguments, people turning on each other etc. I'm VERY leery on this whole thing. I would rather things be discussed as a group before we start with "Well we discussed this and we're gonna start it what do you guys think?"

It also comes across as Copherfield is freaking out as bad as when people were accusing Inuyasha of blowing stuff up.
  11. I like the signature idea, but maybe we could just be official partners? I mean, you guys do your business pretty well and we do ours pretty well. I don't think we necessarily need to overly change that.
  12. I agree
    While i know that the idea is meant in a good way
    It could end badly
    I think that "alliances" could be a bad thing
    We get a wide range of trading and places for players to stay and all that BUT
    We could end up with other (not pointing fingers) "clans" so to speak joining and building up in one area, then they could decide that mabye they should have a spot in charge or we should establish a caste system of sorts, and try to go against what the Last Light Outpost stands for, or they could decide that they dont like they way (we will say Zulu not that he would do anything wrong) Zulu helps run the Outpost, or that we frown upon cutting down the jungle.
    This leads to anger and discord between players. I.E a player makes a rude comment on someone elses house. This in turn could lead to PvPing or "war" is a more radical view on it, meaning that we could have player1 decide that player2 is a jerk because Player 1 dosent want to change the way we run the outpost and Player 2 decides he should have his house burned down. or we get people setting traps outside of houses or people hiring "professionals" to Kill someone (they exist i am sure) and i know this is possible and know that things like this happen so easily because it has happened to ME. For instance.....
    I said i couldnt understand how some guy typed, so he has made a clan meant to kill me. I said less than 10 words to the guy and he has decided he hates me and i should die. A lot of the EMC members are more mature than others and can just brush stuff like that off and take it the RIGHT way, but others are not and take an inch and stretch it a mile. but back on topic here.
    Different "clans" or Outposts have different rules, if we adopt other communites into The Last Light Outpost
    They could decide that they want the rules to be changed and that they dont want to leave where they have houses, and we cant go and do anything about it can we? because that is griefing and against the EMC rules.
    I do not think it is a good idea to have "alliances" now that i think about it a bit more in depth ( I know i posted embassys would be cool but Panda's comment made me think more about it)
    Why do people who have joined the LLO joined? Because they like the way it is run and agree with the rules, while others do not.....
    If another outpost or community is adopted into ours members from that community will move here
    And they may not agree with our rules because they differ from their community's rules
    and yes this IS possible even if we don't ally with another community but it becomes a greater possibility
    People from other clans may not take the time to go and read the FAQ on our website, they may just show up one day and decide they want to build before reading the rules (and we ALL know lots of people don't like to read rules)
    In my opinion we should stay with the Smp7 based little community we have here, where 95% of the members have read the rules sent to them in Pm and all that.
  13. Ok. I am preparing to construct a water park as part of the outpost expansion into the swamp biome. It will include bumper boats which i think mr legitslegit built, slides and rest facilities. The rest of the swamp will have a haunted house etc. I then plan to move towards the snow and plains biomes to the north if the outpost expands anymore. I will also begin building a mining outpost to the north approx 1500 blocks. I reckon this outpost could take over an area bigger than spawn and periodic reset combined. My bad we already have.
  14. yea i been on Friday i help you with the Graveyard/ Haunted house
  15. Ok. I can make a path way that will split the water park and graveyard/haunted house up.
  16. Seems sensible.

I like the idea of working with the Delta Team (and Mining Co), and have liked it ever since copherfield's first post back at the beginning of this thread. There are a few Delta's at the outpost and they are great people to have around.

I also think it's an excellent idea to use the outpost as a seed for other outposts on other servers. Though I think it may need a lot of work beyond just building. This settlement developed very organically and i think as a result of a few coincidences and a combination of personalities that would be hard to replicate. But good luck and may your wheat farms produce lots of wheat!

Embassies would be great.

I'm not worried about anyone taking over anything as I think there are enough active people who think along the same lines to keep the place running as it is. There will be arguments and clashes but that just comes from having lots of people of different ages and backgrounds. The great thing about EMC is that you can't be forced to do anything and your own work is protected by the no griefing rule. If everyone voted to demolish my tower I would be able to get them all banned for griefing ;)

by the way I like the LLO signature that secret and Dwight have.
  17. I have my own opinions, but i shall not express them here, since i know they will not be liked, so i have decided to stand Behind Runes, Pandas and Zulu's Final Decision :) ( Curundu is on vacation, sadly, and i think he may not be able to take part to this )
  18. I have an idea, a compromise. We partner with Delta, but their members are not automatically assimilated into is and ours are not automatically assimilated into theirs. However, for those DT members that want to come and join us, I have no problem with that, as long as they are joining just like anyone else would. We can have embassies. At Delta Team HQ's and such, we can have little sections devoted to us. People can come in, look around at some of the information in said embassy, and come to this thread to check us out and join.
    In the same way, Delta Team can have an embassy at the outpost, if some of our members feel like joining a guild.

Keep in mind that I have my own guild idea in the works, and that if I feel good nough about it, we can become official partners in the way stated above.
  19. Well, it is not like some members made some kind of decision. It just seems most members are at least OK with the idea after it got explained some more.
    Also the vote at
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dFkzbW5ZV0xXUF9sMGpPRzA5LTNhb2c6MQ
    currently is in favor of the idea.

+1
  20. :confused: So I'm in Curundu's place til he gets back? lol

So...I did a bit more thinking and slept on it, read everyone's posts. I'm sorry it looks like I flipped out on Copherfield. If we do team up I don't want it to end up in the situations I posted in my posts. I like how it is currently, the freedom and whatnot, the nice people, and we have Delta members already who have been a part and are fine with me. I just misunderstood I guess and let posts I have seen in other threads affect my judgement as well as past experiences.