smp7 - jungle outpost

Discussion in 'Frontier and Player Outposts' started by zulu9, Mar 13, 2012.

1. I don't have any recent recent pics. My 3DS sucks sometimes.
    Squishy and Squeaky are yellow/orange and Eric and Erica are black with orange splotches like their mom. They also have orange masks kinda like the Phantom of The Opera.

Not sure why. I know it was the runt and all the others always laid on it. My derp cat lead them all out of their box and into the hallway and they have been sleeping there. Sometimes it would be on the other side of the hallway. I have checked everywhere they have been, food and water and nothing seems wrong.
    Jakres and yankees518 like this.
  2. It was nature's way of saying "this one wasn't fit enough".
    Natural selection sucks.
    Trust me, I had 24 axolotl spawn, only 2 of them lived and they are really healthy.
    Jakres likes this.
  3. Perhaps we can connect the mushroom island to the highway, and develop the land around it.
    Jakres likes this.
  4. I would need some parts of that land for some development in the West side.
    Jakres likes this.
  5. Annnnd, I caved. I joined. I'll have a house somewhere.
    Jakres, Bu11dawg, mba2012 and 3 others like this.
  6. Shure, I will draw up the plans lator

About to lose power, take care
    Jakres likes this.
  7. Regarding recent construction plans....
    It's kinda sad to see that the jungle areas are probably going to start disappearing. It would be nice if they could be worked around, and new construction takes the natural landscape into account instead of just blocking it over with gray rectangles.
  8. Updated plan!
    Jimbo's plan.png
    Jakres likes this.
  9. I think this is good. There is plenty of jungle in other areas. I think you should try to figure out cross streets, streets that come in at non-grid angles, and reserved park land. I will make sure to keep the wall far to the west of this.

We also need to come up with a list of key features any good downtown needs. I'll start:
    • Train Station/Transit hub and Subway tracks (let's plan for this early). Should include nether gate.
    • Residential area (high rises)
    • Variety of building sizes including small buildings
    • Agreed on "public space" and/or public approval of the overall plan (not necessarily specifics)
    • Subway
    Jakres, Cchiarell6914 and L0tad like this.
  10. Also, as I said, I think the existing downtown area should be called "Old Town". Every big town has an old town of sorts.
    Jakres, Cchiarell6914 and mba2012 like this.
  11. I agree in general, but we have tons of jungle when we go out this far. The same can be said of open water, desert, etc. We need to make sure that we set aside areas of parkland.
    Jakres likes this.
  12. !!!
    LLO National Parks? :eek:
  13. Well also, as I said,

And "Old Town" is generic.

I agree with you. A lot of us have argued for this time and time again and NOBODY cares. They all just want to rip down jungle and build over the water because they could care less what others think.

Also what the heck is up with two member lists? I spent my time updating this one: https://sites.google.com/site/emclastlightoutpost/member-lists

Just to find this one that 1. Doesn't even have everyone listed and 2. Has Zulu listed as Owner instead of Founder and somehow Cchiarell6914 is Site Manager?
    Jakres, yankees518 and Dwight5273 like this.
  14. Welcome! Enjoy the thread...
    Jakres likes this.
  15. That has been pointed out and we are waiting on zulu to say he does not want to be owner.
    Jakres and penfoldex like this.
  16. Personally, I like having the two members list. The other one only shows who uses the forums and bothered to get added.
    Jakres, Cchiarell6914 and mba2012 like this.
  17. It's fine, I was just confused as to why two and the way it has people listed.
  18. thats exactly where i was thinking of doing the farm :) you read my mind superval ;)
    Jakres and SuperVal_Junior like this.
  19. Be careful Slimes can spawn in swampy biomes in 1.4, and 1.4 is on arrival
    Jakres likes this.
  20. lotad that spot right next to my mansion on the west side would be the perfect spot for the farm for the west area. just sayin' :) or could put it just south of me
    Jakres and SuperVal_Junior like this.