smp7 - jungle outpost

Discussion in 'Frontier and Player Outposts' started by zulu9, Mar 13, 2012.

1. Page 360! And i missed all the javascript talk. :(
    zulu9 and Jakres like this.
  2. ? It's a forum, not a text message. How did you miss it? The floor is yours...
    Jakres and mba2012 like this.
  3. Probably because it was a page or two back and other stuff has been posted since then I guess?
  4. I would have liked to be involved in it while it happened.
    Jakres likes this.
  5. The way that the live map is able to display the player icons is by downloading the player data that btribble posted a snippet of (called a "JSON" message). The data contains the name, coords, world, health, and armor of each player. It also contains the current weather of the world which is neat.

While you're watching the live map, your browser is downloading this about once a second in order to update each player's location. You could write a program to download this data and put it into a database so you could ask it questions like: "Give me a list of all (non-hidden) players that were within 20 blocks of coordinates x,y,z between Oct 1 and Oct 3". I've written a script to do queries like this, but its very slow at the moment.
    Jakres, mba2012, zulu9 and 1 other person like this.
  6. Ah yes, JSON. Though I recognized that. I forgot how similar Python and JavaScript data structures are.

hmmm... http://www.mongodb.org/
    Jakres likes this.
  7. Been working hard on a project in LLO. If you 'lock' enderchests do they become ungriefable?
    Jakres likes this.
  8. In all honesty, I kinda just... wondered in gave Eclippy some cobble, than I said; "Screw it." and started building something. :oops:
  9. Hey, does anyone want 189 stacks of seeds?
    Jakres likes this.
  10. Yes, they do. EnderChests are chests, same code, just a different texture, can only be placed as a 'single' chest, with particles and inter-connected inventories.
    Jakres and Chascarrillo like this.
  11. But, do enderchests work between Wilderness and Town?
    Jakres likes this.
  12. Last time I checked, yes. They are also (if I remember correctly) cross-server.
    Jakres likes this.
  13. Whaaaat??? :eek:
    Jakres likes this.
  14. You'll need Aikar's or Justin's confirmation on that, I don't use Enderchests :p

Also, in 40 pages (practically a few days! :D) we'll have 400 pages.
  15. If it's true I'll buy a ton of Enderchests to transport my seeds to Town :D
    Jakres likes this.
  16. It only works on the smp it's on and won't work if your in wild on smp7 and go to town on smp5. The items won't be in there due it being a different server :)
  17. Cypher_Rahl did a neat trick the other day. He put his "mad l00tz" in an enderchest, then killed himself to get back to his spawn point. Kind of a waste of enderchests if you wanted to do this a lot, but still a neat hack.
    Jakres likes this.
  18. :p Saved me having to navigate the nether the hard way lol
    Jakres, mba2012 and jkjkjk182 like this.
  19. Hack? He just put his stuff in an Enderchest, killed himself, and got it back in town. It's not a hack, it's a way to save your items and die without the aid of mods/hacks.
    Jakres, penfoldex, mba2012 and 3 others like this.
  20. Coolies and Welcome :)

Yeah I mean if the chest is placed and his stuff is in it I don't see it as a hack.

I would like to thank whoever it was that took/broke the one in Dwight's park. I had too much junk when I went to the Social Gathering and dumped it in an Enderchest close by because I could just grab it from the one in the park, get there and the chest is gone. THANKS /sarcasm :p