smp7 - jungle outpost

Discussion in 'Frontier and Player Outposts' started by zulu9, Mar 13, 2012.

1. I'm online if anyone wants to learn the nether route…
    Jakres likes this.
  2. You guys can put me on the member list, I'm just not on SMP7 as much.
    Jakres and penfoldex like this.
  3. I have you as inactive, I can move you back to active?
    Jakres likes this.
  4. If you wish, I just have been busy with my other camps
    Jakres and penfoldex like this.
  5. You can add me to the member list as well. Thanks!
    Jakres likes this.
  6. Oh yes! I forget because there are members who don't say anything here.
    Jakres likes this.
  7. RE: Griefing:

I've been looking at the javascript for the online map code, and it should be relatively easy to write an "LLO CCTV/Tracking App". Since the data looks pretty easy to parse. I don't have a lot of spare time to do this right now. It would have to be written smartly so that it doesn't place any significant load on the EMC servers.

http://smp7.empire.us:8880/up/world/wilderness/

{"name":"L0tad","armor":0,"account":"L0tad","health":16,"type":"player","z":-17595.0,"y":63.0,"world":"wilderness","x":-3777.0},
    Jakres, SoulPunisher, mba2012 and 2 others like this.
  8. Well, it's a pretty good idea in theory. :) However, since a lot of players can hide from the map, I'm not sure how useful it would be in practice. Not to mention that this information can't really tell you who's griefing, only who's in the vicinity, and as I already mentioned, only those who are not hidden...
    Jakres, zulu9 and jkjkjk182 like this.
  9. The only people who can hide themselves on the map are Silver supporters or above. I would be surprised (but not too surprised) if these folks are griefing us. Also, you will get notifications of updated tiles. All you have to do is see if there is anyone in that tile, and you can assume the update was caused by them. If there are tile updates happening without players present on the map, then in all likelihood it is caused by a cloaked member. In any event, you can highlight (heatmap) any changed areas.

Ideally the EMC folks would just write a flight recorder for the underlying map system, and allow the moderators to "rewind" the data. In this system, everyone would be visible, supporter or not. You could simply keep the last week's worth of tile changes and player position info and you could go back and watch griefing as it happened.
    Jakres, Philovanrood, mba2012 and 2 others like this.
  10. I haven't told anyone this, but I have been doing this for the past couple months. :D I set up a script to download that data every minute and then archive it. However, my script removes the tile update parts. And like alexschrod said, the downside is that supporters can hide themselves on the map, so you can't use the data to definitively prove that someone was griefing.
    Jakres, mba2012, zulu9 and 4 others like this.
  11. Sick minds think alike.
    zulu9, Jakres, mba2012 and 5 others like this.
  12. Heh…almost page 360°
    Jakres likes this.
  13. I really like the scripting ideas. It seems like a good way to catch griefers or at least gather evidence to present to the mods.
    Jakres and Philovanrood like this.
  14. !
    !!!
    New event idea! What about harvest racing! See who can break a line of cobble with their fist fastest!
    Jakres and mba2012 like this.

15. I have EFF V, unbreaking III just sitting in a chest on my res Mahahaha :p
    Jakres likes this.

16. Jakres likes this.
  17. Hmm speechless I see

*in a good mood Texans are 5-0
    Jakres and mba2012 like this.
  18. Israphel anyone?
    Jakres likes this.
  19. Do the Texas people cheat with their pickaxe when is asked to mine it with their ** fists ;D **
    Jakres likes this.
  20. Haha I now see the last part of his comment lol I goofed owell and "if not cheating your not trying ;)"
    Jakres and LuxuryMushroom like this.