Smp10

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by MrAdazahi, Sep 14, 2016.

1. I was talking to chin and he said we have atleast 20-50+ res's available on each smp and over 150+ on Utopia. I dont think we need to worry about overflow for now. Plus when those new players dont come back their res's go derelict and someone else is able to have that lot.
  2. SMP6 hardly gets in the 2 digit player amount. I've talked to Aikar if it would ever happen and he said the way the servers run he would have to have add 2 servers and not 1, and we dont need 2 more.
  3. It has the most cuz i have my 6 accounts on it xD
    JesusPower2 and God_Of_Gods like this.
  4. That doesnt really mean you are over flowing, I know someone with like 10 Accounts
  5. You dont need to say someone we all know azoundria lol

6. Damn Daniel, my claim still holds.
  7. why is it highlighted? :p Inspect element.?
  8. nuclearbobomb likes this.
  9. Alright, I have figured out everything. I'll go off some averages, personal experiences, and values.

Since I was very haply introduced into this thread, I can tell you everything you need to know. I am the player that believes we don't need another smp. There is good factual data to prove that. So, on my spare time I averaged out all the open residences that were on EMC. It came to be about 27 residences.
    [Smp2(34) and smp5(32) having the highest amount| Smp8(23) and Smp9(24) having the least]

When I joined back in 2011, I remember servers were always full so in order to keep online, I referred to afking on my residence having my computer online throughout the night to keep my slot on the server. This was quickly fixed when JustinGuy got a Afk timer and kicked players if they afked after a certain time. As I look over the history in 2012, all the smps we see today were introduced 4 years ago and we aren't experiencing a "over population". The only time you can see a server full is when a event is happening.

This is a note on Minecraft itself
    As the game was "fully" released in November 18, 2011 this was peak for mc. As I see it now, Minecraft is loosing popularity because of how much it has incapacitated younger youth. If anything, 9 servers plus a supporter server is more than enough to handle the stress of players that are active here.

Just waiting on Shell's response now lol
  10. Gotta say as a smp5 resident, I agree, chat is boring and dull and the only people to talk to I talk to in pm's. Some of the better ones are now, well banned. Can't say we have a shortage on plots or anything and servers are pretty much never full. Sure there might be a few active people but compared to a year+ ago, gotta say dead/dying.
  11. - The servers are not overpopulated, there's like 5 people on each
    - "Griefing/raiding" will not happen and is a bad idea anyway.
  12. *Looks at stats on square and other sources
    Yea we have plenty of room more than you think on utopia-smp9.
    Also cleaned up thread due off topic auction link
    FoxyRavenger, B4DMAN5IMON and BenMA like this.
  13. if u do /town u will see a portal which says games server, many ppl been talking about that. i think a games server would be much more fun than another smp. maybe they could even add some kind of faction play in survival, also allowing u to turn pvp on or off.
  14. You said smp5 is "becoming dead". My point is that smp5 tends to be the most active smp. That would kinda make make it not dead. It would appear that other smps have more players that get on briefly to keep from going derelict than on smp5 or just play a lot less. To me the number of people that play determine deadness and to you the number of open residences determines deadness. I prefer having other players on personally.
    ShelLuser likes this.
  15. I'll conduct a study tomorrow to see if that claim is true.
  16. I've been observing this for several weeks now and that is the conclusion I have some to. It is certainly not always the busiest but I would be conservative saying it would average overall among the busiest 3.
    jkjkjk182 likes this.
  17. I think Underscore may be talking about events. Sometimes, free players can't join the smp because it's too 'full' However, adding another smp won't change anything. :) plus, we have a utopia. We don't need 11 servers.
  18. Still shouldn't be a problem when it comes to events even if Underscore is talking about that. When events are on, usually the player cap is raised. Recently, even player events that brought loads of players on had a raised cap so that people could get online, as well as just staff events.

Considering that fact, we really have no problem, because; players can get on when there isn't an event easily and there are plenty of residences available on all servers and more are unclaimed if need be, and if there are events that cause problems for players to get on then the server cap is generally raised pretty quickly.
    607 likes this.