[SLOW MINECRAFT] Any Help?

Discussion in 'General Minecraft Discussion' started by EmoryCrafts, May 31, 2015.

1. Internet will have no effect on your fps. To prove this, join a multiplayer server and after a couple of minutes turn off your laptop's WiFi or pull the Ethernet coord. Your laptop, while having no connection, will run at the same fps until it kicks you.
  2. How am I supposed to know? Lol.:p I think running OptiFine by itself is fine, but when run with Forge, it for some reason slows my laptop down.
  3. I just actually looked at your computer specs and it is really beefy. Are you sure you aren't limiting it somehow? In the visual settings, there are options to enable things like Vsync and limit the fps. If you really want more fps, try moving those around.
    Deadmaster98 likes this.
  4. I took a look at that one, and I absolutely fell in love with it. Too bad I can't spend my money on it :L
    What's the point of 5,000 dollars if you can't waste it all on a gaming computer?! :D

Anywho, with your kind of desktop, you should be able to run something like Crysis 3 with little problems, and especially Minecraft. Like jkrmnj said, you must be limiting it somehow. You can slap on some shaders, 128x texture packs, and other stuff with no problem with that 980 GTX. You could up the fps too, but ideally, 60 fps works just fine with a game like Minecraft. I don't even notice the difference past it.

EDIT: I just looked at the specifications, and is there a selection of video cards? Needless to say, any of those video cards are still pretty high-quality, you still shouldn't have any problems. As for your network, is it your router? Are you on wifi or do you have an ethernet cable?
    Deadmaster98 likes this.
  5. That is correct. Most monitors (displays) will run at 60 hertz (60fps) and be capped at that rate. 60fps is already really smooth; playing a game without limiting the fps and getting more than 60fps on a 60 hertz monitor is pointless. :)

Also, custom computers that you build yourself will cost a lot less than pre-built computers. :D

This is a pointless reply. :p
    Deadmaster98 likes this.
  6. Thanks for everything guys.
    I have decided to disable shades unless there is something that I need it for.
    also, any other optimizations that could help me?
    Thanks!
    Deadmaster98 likes this.
  7. The only other thing I can think to increase performance is using a lower resolution texture pack, but it'll just make the game look poor and I see you don't like that.
  8. I get 60 on multi and single so, lol