[SLOW MINECRAFT] Any Help?

Discussion in 'General Minecraft Discussion' started by EmoryCrafts, May 31, 2015.

1. Shaders are for beefy computers. Computers that have a high graphics processing power output. 50-80 fps with optifine is not exactly up to standards with a beefy computer. I for example get around 700 FPS, but I still get lag spikes with Shaders.
    PenguinDJ likes this.
  2. I think you answered your own question. Without the shaders, you get better frame rates. Even with a beast of my computer running at around 800 fps + without shaders, when i put shaders on I get only 60-100 fps. So if you're running 50-80 normally, then maybe shaders isn't meant for you. But there are a couple shaders out there that work well with slower computers. Seus is a really intensive shaders so I wouldn't use that. Look around more and test other shaders packs out
  3. Can't help you then.
  4. I don't HAVE to.
    I highly want to.
  5. The only thing I really want from Shaders is the player, block, and entity shadows.
  6. Upgrading your RAM won't do much; you already have a good bit of it. Make sure Java is updated.
    Deadmaster98 likes this.
  7. To minimize my computer side lag issues I had to install optifine and turn most of the video settings, not all the way down but close to, I also had a spare thumb drive laying about and I plugged it in and allocated it to "ReadyBoost".

For ReadyBoost: Plug in the thumb drive, find it on your computers under drives, right click it, click properties, then select the ReadyBoost tab. follow instructions on that tab. "a stick with nothing on it is best". It's not the most efficient way to go, but it does help. The ReadyBoost that is.
  8. I've done ReadyBoost already. Used around 3 GB so now I have around 9 GB of Ram.
    I think it's just my Video Card, but I can't update it, because the Cards and stuff are all stuck to the MotherBoard. I have an Asus A52F, and I believe I can't upgrade. (Did some research)

Hey guys:
    What's the difference between a Chunk Update and a Frame?
    Masterkism likes this.
  9. If you can't pull the video card out, you can still add a new one and use that instead (or you could break your PCI slot and just pull it out :3).

Just a note, some i5's are quad core.
  10. Not some, 1 of them is quad and it is not the one in the computer. The I5-750 is quad.

Also, are you using a laptop by any chance Emory crafts? It's very hard to upgrade the hardware of a laptop, and the graphics card shouldn't be hard to get out of a PC :p

Chunk update is how minecraft loads the world, in 'chunks'. A frame is basically just a picture, fps is a measure of how many 'pictures' the video card can process and project to the screen per second.
  11. I DO have a Laptop :D

So, whenever I'm NOT on Shaders but on Forge + Optifine, I get around 10-20 FPS, and 22 Chunk Updates.
    When I'm on Shaders NonLag, I get around 7-10 FPS, and 3 Chunk Updates.

The FPS are almost the same, but the Chunk updates aren't.
    So I'm wondering if it's the Chunk Updates that slow me down?

I've looked at the SHIFT F3 Pie Chart; most of it is from GameRender or something.
  12. The fps is how smooth your game appears. Having a bunch of chunk updates means the game has to work harder which will affect the fps (correct me if I am wrong). You best bet is using the shader quality resource pack if you want a good fps and a good-ish looking game. Hardware wise, you won't be able to really do anything on that laptop and most software tweaks you do won't help that much. I would recommend cutting your losses and compromising on looks to get a more playable game. Game rendering means drawing the game which is done mostly on the graphics card.
    Deadmaster98 likes this.
  13. It may or may not do something, but if your drivers for your graphics card are outdated that could be an issue. Sometimes new drivers are more efficient.

I know you said you have to use shaders, but shaders are one of THE MOST heavy mods for minecraft. You may have to prioritize.

You could be running out of memory. From the launcher, go to the "edit profile" page. Copy and paste these arguments into the box that reads arguments:

Code:
    -xms 2g -xmx 2g
    Any of these may be able to help (definitely #2).

Edit: sorry, I only read the first post. :(
    Deadmaster98 likes this.
  14. i5 4690k?

Nevertheless, back on topic.
  15. My laptop has 8GB of RAM, and 1.6GHz. I have tried Optifine and Forge, but for some reason, Optifine slows down my computer by a lot. However, if you don't want to delete that, try turning off VSync in the setttings in Minecraft. I also use the OCD disco texture pack and the Better PvP mod, if that means anything.
  16. I use optifine and shaders and i usually get about 40-50fps and my computer is not that great.

EDIT:I have Intel graphics
  17. I always thought all mobile I5's were dual cores, with the one exception. However this knowledge dates back from when i was researching potential laptops a good while back.

How does optifine slow your conputer down? It's just an optimisation mod, it literally adds nothing :p
  18. There are some solutions to this problem. Increasing RAM usage is a waste of time, it has been already said by "sp614x", the creator of Optifine, that Minecraft is poorly coded when handling memory disposal. Increasing the RAM it only creates a higher lag spike. Since this is vanilla I recommend using at least up to 1GB of RAM.

My solutions to this problem are ditching the shaders, I know you said you don't want to but come on, is it really worth the better looks for a worse experience? Also you already stated that without shaders you gain double performance so then why keeping them. Try running the game on a lower resolution if you are playing on fullscreen and try to reduce all the settings to minimum except the chunk loading, put them at 6 as EMC render distance is caped at that number. Another solution, I don't know if this is the case, change the power settings on your PC, change them from "power balanced" or "power saver" to "High performance". You can do this at Control Panel, then going to Power Options.

My other solution is to download Razer Cortex which comes with Game Booster. This is a great application as it boosts your PC to better handle your games by disabling TEMPORARILY some stuff in the background that just takes performance out of your PC. I used to use it when I had a low end GPU and trust me, it works.

Remember to update Java to the latest release and also your drivers. This is all I can think of right now, hope this helps!
    EmoryCrafts and Deadmaster98 like this.
  19. I have the Asus ROG G20AJ http://www.asus.com/Desktops/ROG_G20AJ/ With 8gbs of ram and only run 60 fps on single player. It's a beefy PC. But For 1000 dollars I should be running way more than 60 fps single player. I run 60 fps multiplayer due to my poor internet.