Sky's 1.8 Bad Blog | Colored Fences and Doors

Discussion in 'General Minecraft Discussion' started by Unoski, Jul 21, 2014.

?

Want another one for 1.9?

Yes? 28 vote(s) 80.0%
Meh, don't care for it. 6 vote(s) 17.1%
No! 4 vote(s) 11.4%
4 $k 5 vote(s) 14.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Question: If you rename an armor piece, then put it on a armor stand, if you hover over it does it display the name?
  2. Sadly, no. But the Armor stand IS an entity and can be in a minecart, bounced on a slimeblock, and spawned with a Spawner.
    607 and Bro_im_infinite like this.
  3. I shall stick an Aikar head on em for he doesn't return my love...
  4. Jesse. . .
    "How much content does it cost to drive these developers till they no longer code any further?!"
    - Edited quote from Richard S., customer of Home Savers Foundation Repair; Plano, Texas.

*What I meant to say was: Minecraft 1.8 has been under development since the start of January, longer than any update in Minecraft history.:eek: How much more features does Mojang want in this single update?! If it doesn't get released before October, I'm anticipating that they're going to wait right before Minecon like they did with 1.4 and 1.7.;)
  5. In my opinion, this is going to be "The Wishlist Update" since most of it is what we want.
    607 and Byeforeverthe2nd like this.
  6. I totally agree with you, SkyD.!:) I think you probability identified the reason behind how randomized 1.8 is going to be!
    With so many additions, I have no idea what I like the most! Hmm...:rolleyes:

But today's snapshot really inverted my negative emotions to positive ones! I'm gonna try to share this story before this optimism and enough anxiety vanishes on me!;)

7. I am assuming that _grum must have found a new fence recipe, why? This. I honest cannot find much to talk about this other than that they can be used for more design.
  8. I know I'll be using them for mod head display with dyed armor to signify their rank. But I will probably just keep renamed armors in frames so everyone can see the custom names
  9. This is great! I have always wanted to be able to use fences made of different kinds of wood!!:D
  10. Holy Shit.
    Mother of god.
    MOTHER OF HOLY SHIT
    COLORED FENCES AND DOORS!

As you see the fences are the same, but the doors. Wow. The doors are downright beautiful.
    Going from left to right
    There are your average doors, you find this on 3 year old drawings and such. Nothing special except that you can see through the peep hole.
    The Spruce Doors however are similar to medieval style doors with it's bolt strips on the top,middle, and bottom and a ring that you use as a door knob. You may see this in dungeon type builds or castles. These looks great.
    The Birch Doors is a bit of a plain door but instead of a window, you have a window covering? I personally am not a fan of this since it makes me think that they do not want you to see something.
    I was begging to get to Jungle doors. I do not know if you see this but: 3D DOOR! You can see where the outside/inside of the door connect on this. The top looks a bit like a gumdrop while a thin rectangle follows it, also see through.
    Acacia are the same things, 3D doors. They seem a wee bit like orange prison bars, they will most likely be used for open houses. They look pretty good, pity on the orange color.
    Dark Oak is the most modern say one, with it's sleek dark color and 4 panels. Looks similar to my house's doors. I see this being used A LOT.

I believe they plan on extending this to Trap Doors or Signs. Maybe both!
    607, Luckygreenbird and porphos like this.
  11. COME OUT WITH 1.8 ALREADY DANG YOU!!!! :mad: I AM LITERALLY CRYING OUT OF EXCITEMENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Wow! Did I really say that and all in caps. :p
    tedrocker likes this.
  12. I need 1.8 to be released now. I need those armor stands, flags, special doors and fences. >:I
  13. How about the colored beacons?
    porphos likes this.
  14. That will be fun. :)
  15. I Need Dis.
  16. Okay, those doors are awesome. I can't wait for 1.8! :D
    PandasEatRamen likes this.
  17. I think we can probably interpret by now for what else will be packed in 1.8.
    Ever since we got different planks in 1.2, there might been so many requests from the community to expand the unique colors to other wooden blocks.
    607 likes this.
  18. The colored beacons are like those kids that noboday plays with and they sit in the corner all day.
    PandasEatRamen likes this.
  19. I will definitely use them
    607 and jkjkjk182 like this.
  20. Museums will now be better with the display stands for armor o3o
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.