Skeleton Horses 1.9 Suggestion

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by Unoski, Mar 3, 2016.

1. http://minecraft.gamepedia.com/Horse#Skeleton_trap
    Please make increase the spawns for the month of October only as a Halloween event thing. :D
    In October, please make them Zombie horses to increase variation and make it special.
    Please try not to nerf this unless it is related to difficulty levels 1-4
    According to the wiki, they currently are not. Maybe have them regenerate health with the following items?

• Rotten Flesh
    • Spider Eye
    • Player Heads, maybe
      • It would be horribly great
    • Raw Meats
      • Not fish
  2. +slab
    StoneSky likes this.
  3. Actually, they are not tameable because they're tamed right away ;)
    ShelLuser and StoneSky like this.
  4. Think he meant the Zombie Horse :p
    StoneSky likes this.
  5. Ah, okay.
    Still though, it's interesting how the skeleton horses spawn tamed.
    ThaKloned and StoneSky like this.
  6. 607 was right. I did not read up enough. :oops:
    ShelLuser, 607 and ThaKloned like this.
  7. It's confusing the way it's documented.

First:
    The original horse will be tamed when struck, and the additional three horses are spawned tamed.
    then:
    Adult horses, donkeys, and mules can be tamed, but not zombie horses or skeleton horses.

I also thought that this would be a hostile mob, but from what I can see it is not. Plus if RainbowChin rides one around in Town it'd probably work for normal players.
    StoneSky likes this.
  8. That's because if you spawn them untamed (you can through a command), they can't be tamed, while horses, donkeys and mules can both be tamed and be spawned in tamed. It's actually worded well at the wiki, but if you interpret it in a different way I understand why you'd be confused.
    Pab10S likes this.
  9. Also, think of the new promo idea's these horses can bring! Halloween, umm.. ya that's all :D
    LtCaptainMe likes this.
  10. The skeleton/zombie horse itself is not hostile; it is neutral just like any other horse. As of 1.9 entities being ridden are controlled by and will have the same AI as their riders, meaning that a skeleton horse ridden by a skeleton will chase you and move like a skeleton - all while being neutral-, but a regular zombie horse that was brought to the game via commands, like Chin's, is neutral and won't attack you :)
    607 likes this.