Show yourself! - Post a photo of you

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by klamepa, Oct 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I like milk
    Melk73 and hoi like this.
  2. fish face ftw nurse? and aus chicago I have been told is an amazing city....now time for me to actually take the 6 hour road trip from st.louis xD
  3. Not to kill anyone's fun here; I think it's cool that you're all sharing pictures and having fun with it. :)

But personally, I find I don't actually want to know what any of you look like. Not that there's anything wrong with what you all look like. In fact, you're all quite good looking people.

But once we see each other's physical appearances we tend to look at each other through the filter of our preconceptions and prejudices about whatever physical demographics we happen to fit in (age, sex, skin colour, etc.), as well as things like our style of dress and decorum.

It can be hard to treat people as just human beings (one of my personal goals) once we have an image of what categories they fit in (especially age and sex).

There's nothing wrong with sharing pictures though, for sure! I'm just coming from a really unusual place about it, that's all. I totally wouldn't expect anyone else to be on the same trip as me. :)

And I totally won't let your appearances affect my judgement about in-game things (that's easy). :p
  4. Hmmm, British on XBL. You must have heard your fair share of "crumpets and tea" jokes.
  5. No, just NO!

pinch!
    You wouldn't even begin to understand the amount of times.
  6. Not going to lie. When I be trollin' on XBL, I sometimes act as a 5 year old British kid and offer crumpets and tea to others while asking them to "join our clan".
  7. Muahahaha all you people are getting from me is my vector-art self portrait. That and the bald spot gives off too much glare :(
    GameKribJEREMY likes this.
  8. I cant seem to get it ?
    Why do you people post stuff here if they dont even show a pic of their self aside from Liz which actually has a point !
    Dont be so shy.. infact most of us wouldnt even talk to each other or see each other in a place different from Minecraft :3
    It just helps me to get to know the people that play.. its not necessary to do it but its fun !

Attached Files:

9. Agree Klamepa. I (personally) love getting to know others on a personal level. It helps develop friendships easier. One friend I met in a similar fashion was Brewing_Master. In him posting images, I got to see some of his life experiences (he makes beer for a living) in contests he's won and cool stuff he's gotten to do. Now, before I met him, I HATED all beers. He instructed me on why I hated the beers I did (poor quality) and led me to some that were actually very enjoyable. So, in getting to know someone online, in a way, enhanced my "real" life some. :)

At the same time, I can understand people not feeling comfortable with it, and that's okay as well.
    lolkold likes this.
  10. I wasn't even noticed when I posted mine ._."
  11. Uh huh. You look sad it in. :(
  12. Sad? I was going for more of a dazying into the sky kind of look D:
  13. Oh. I see it now. :D
  14. LIES!
    battmeghs likes this.
  15. Well... after an introduction like that, it would seem I'm obligated to show you a lil somthin somthin.

The last one is most recent. After a hard day's work at the Great American Beer Festival I went to a competition I had entered a few of my beers where one took best of show and got me that neat-o ribbon. Posing with owner and head brewer of Right Brain Brewery (Traver City, MI)
  16. "slurps tea slowly" My my you have an awesome job !
    ZerreissenDirge and autonamus like this.
  17. shotgun and a beer...as an american i can not say how much win that is xD
    melk73 and battmeghs like this.
  18. Me :D i know im young this is my bros account :3
  19. :( i hate bein yung :/ sux i dont get to be in alot of convos including sum on here cuz peeps hate on mah age -.-
  20. awwwww jeremy ur skinny to :)
    battmeghs likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.