Show yourself! - Post a photo of you

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by klamepa, Oct 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Actually, I would say that most other people struggle with thier sexual identity considerably more than I do.

In fact, I find myself free of any sexual identity here, so struggling with it isn't even really possible. What I experience with this stuff is actually what one would call harmony.

And if that makes me anything remotely like a god, great! :D (I actually see us all as gods deep down inside... gods that are covered and hidden under thick layers of unnecessary illusions and minunderstandings).

I must point out that this lack of struggling with gender based stuff that I experience is not something that is uniquely accessible to only me. Being free of gender/sexuality based struggling and the related BS that comes with that is only a thought away (all you have to do is think of yourself as a person/human being instead of a gender/sex and poof, that's the way it is... it really is that simple; all you have to do is be willing to think differently).
    oidking, Crazy1080, nnnnmc1 and 2 others like this.
  2. I don't think I'm human. I think I'm a protoss :p
    Yukon1200 and amadai like this.
  3. < not even a little god inside ^^
  4. Liz: A pet name form of Elizabeth.
    Elizibeth: the Greek transliteration of the Hebrew name Elisheva, meaning "God's promise", "oath of God","awesome one", or "I am God’s daughter". Elizabeth and Elisabeth are the parent unit names of Lisa, Liza, Lilly, Lizzie, Liz, Beth, Betty, Ella, Elisa, Elise, and Eliza; Elsa, Bitsy, Betsy, Isabel, and Isabella are etymologically related variants.

THIS is extremely ironic :) seems to me that Liz is more God than we know!
    Dark_Liz, Hasorko and nnnnmc1 like this.
  5. MAH BRAINS BURN
  6. Isn't diversity,issues, and self understanding a part of being human? Sexual and gender roles fit into the understanding part. They help define ones self. Harmony sounds nice but awfully boring.
  7. Coming to understanding about the self means understanding that we are not different from each other in the ways we are lead to believe we are. Things like gender only define us if we choose them as definitions that we wish to wear. That's fine if we do, but we are not bound to those definitions. And while those definitions may be important to certain (often narrow) areas or our lives (like biological sex is important in matters of sexuality and reproduction), they stand to severely limit us in other areas of our lives if we identify too much with them (like thinking that men should behave this way and women should behave that way).

The only reason there are "issues" around this stuff is because there is a lack of understanding of who we are... on a mass level. We think we are our gender, race, nationality, etc... lol... and we're wrong. ;)

If you think harmony sounds boring, then I would say you don't know what harmony is. I think you may be mistaking the excitment inherent in conflict and struggle for the excitment of being alive... which is very present and even enhanced when things are harmonious. Life can totally be exciting and fun when everything is fine. In fact, that's when you really start to enjoy life... like every day. :D
    EdmundWayne, amadai and apamment like this.
  8. There's nothing wrong with being undefined. There's so much more of life to explore when you're not stuck in a box.
    EdmundWayne and Dark_Liz like this.
  9. You explained it better than I managed to... I was not trying to say it in the negative context. I meant it as you have no worry over your physical identity as this is the internet. :)
    You are neither man nor woman, you are Dark_Liz. :D
    Dark_Liz likes this.
  10. You've all gone and got very confused and in twists about this physical identity thing.

The internet is not androgynous or anything like that, it's very clear cut; anyone that's a man is a man, anyone that is a woman is a big fat man with a beard, possibly naked.

:D
  11. Hmm. I guess that makes me a woman then.
  12. I can't really speak for the rest of you big, fat, naked, bearded people, but as for me:
    Malicaii12 likes this.
  13. Well, I'm kind of stuck in this sandbox known as "Minecraft" :p
  14. I believe its a dirt box.
    nnnnmc1 likes this.
  15. it's blocksbox ;) lol
  16. I wasn't saying for us to be bound by stuff like gender or sexual roles, though I have rather loose views on them anyway. I have to disagree with the issues part. There are some "issues" people have that are not just simple lack of understanding, and can be uncontrollable to the person experiencing them. See I've spent most of my life with 90% of the things going wrong, and I still manage to enjoy life. I have no experience in everything going perfect.

17. Wow...

Dark_Liz walks into the thread and 10 hrs later, we're in the midst of a deep philosophical conversation about God, gender, and sexual roles in humanity.

...I'm a little afraid of where this might end up.
    apamment and Twitch1 like this.
  18. Be afraid, be very afraid. ;)
  19. :eek:
  20. Ok, so it's not a picture of me... but it is a picture of Fizzgig. :D

He looks scared too.

fizzgig2.jpg
    battmeghs, oidking, ISMOOCH and 6 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.