Show us yer Gold Farm

Discussion in 'Share Your EMC Creations' started by Syrio_, Nov 13, 2015.

1. In all my time here I've never had this issue with too many items. For example my witch farm, the rates on EMC would never over power my sorter. Or any farm I've built for that matter. But this issue seems to be new since 1.5 months ago or so. The hoppers/chests under that initial sorting hopper are not backing up, just that 1 hopper. Not sure if it has to do with being disconnected or not but it seems that when. I've managed to have that alt be online from early morning to EMCs server reboot and never jam.
  2. "Also every sorter at all my farms are constantly breaking. Were they is always 41 of the item + 4 renamed blocks (in the sortering hopper) they are now building up to 64 and nothing gets sorted and makes a giant mess. Anyone else having this issue?"

i have a 225 item sorter - had 4 instances of this and resolved after replacing hopper/comparator - no problems since, but our designs may be different...here's my set up:

Apocryphan likes this.
  3. this issue has always randomly occured since they first added hoppers, there just might be more things that trigger it since aikar is trying to reduce the lag caused by them. If replacing the hoppers that wont pull items doesnt fix it then I will come take a look if you'd like.
  4. Mines the same as Syrio_'s design just without the endermen :p Maybe that's the key. Having endermen to patrol :D I've usually just grabbed half the stack in the hopper and placed back and they resume normal function. I will try replacing hopper/comparator and see what happens.
  5. and here's the one hour test using potion/loot sword method:

(plus about another DC of gold swords trashed)
    ThaKloned likes this.
  6. I need to get me some obsidian xD
    cadgamer101 and Syrio_ like this.
  7. I hear 9057 has 12DCs in stock =P
    Apocryphan, cadgamer101 and ThaKloned like this.
  8. I heard 9057 just might be a little shy of that soon :D
  9. I found that I could double the size of my voter's sword gold farm (earlier in post) and still have it work great. It turns out that "pigmen agro" kicks in past the 15 block range, so I've got 26 blocks of portals in each direction. I could probably go a few more, but I didn't want to risk any dead space in corners.