Show us yer Gold Farm

Discussion in 'Share Your EMC Creations' started by Syrio_, Nov 13, 2015.

1. Expanded 18 block version:

Kill Chamber:

I use a 3x3 hopper setup here and at skel farms. Each of the 3 rows feed into a single DC separately so that the hoppers can never get overloaded. The DC adds a nice buffer and then a single hopper line can go into chests and sorting after that.
  2. I like that, reminds me of bro_im_infinite's design, his wasnt surrounding a single spot like that tho, that would be best for the aggro radius and such. gives me some strange and innovative ideas... stop it... I don't have enough time in the world to change what i've built so far lol
    Gawadrolt, kevmeup and khixan like this.

3. best part is that it will slab itself each layer, so if you get lazy and stop after a few layers, no big deal. and if you don't know this trick to link/unlink your spawn location.

4. The good old Cadgamer101 bed i call it.
  5. I use bunk beds a lot, sure, but I got the idea from ?Apocryphan

For more Details on why Bunk Beds are the best beds that you never have to move, click this link:
    emc.gs/t/49370/page-2#post-890346

Also, looks like I forgot the "y"in Modify lol
  6. A couple more notes on pigmen mechanics..
    Agro will not auto propagate to newly spawned pigmen unless you are on dif 8 or above.
    At dif 8 or above weapon damage will be resisted if they can't reach you.
    Pigmen spawning from portals do not have the Greater than 2 within 20 blocks check that natural spawns have. So it's ok if they gather up (as long as you kill them before the 250 cap).
  7. Another tip on gold farming: kill one with a looting 3 sword and you get xp and rare drops, right? So hit one with that same sword, and keep him within 12 blocks of all the ones that fall to their deaths and guess what? You get xp and rare drops from every pigman that falls. Now it's a completely afk xp farm that also gives rare drops. Hmm, wonder how I get so much texp? Now you know:)
    Gawadrolt and kevmeup like this.
  8. I can't take all the credit, but bunk beds are always cooler when you have friends stop over, same rules apply in minecraft. It gets awkard when your friend invites you to their base, only to get there and see just 1 bed. not cool. *cough*skare*cough*
    Gawadrolt and kevmeup like this.
  9. I don't have many visitors. Everyone gets their own bed now.
  10. Or they all like it so much at your base, they never need another bed (to die and leave to town) :)
    SkareCboi and Apocryphan like this.
  11. someone asked how many portals...

this build has 112
  12. This whole thread is making my gold farm feel incompetent, it has 69 portals and produces 6 stacks per hour.
    EDIT: Followed a tip from SkarCboi and I'm almost at 13 stacks/hour :D
    Syrio_Forel likes this.
  13. All of these farms look awesome! However it would take me forever to procure the obsidian. And I wouldn't want to fall of from the top and die... not like I fell of a gold farm before...
    cowland123 likes this.
  14. What is everyone's drops/hour ratio if I may ask ?
  15. From when I leave for work till I get home on average working on 3rd DC of nuggets. Seems like a low amount now though. I'm sure I was getting much more than that.

Also every sorter at all my farms are constantly breaking. Were they is always 41 of the item + 4 renamed blocks (in the sortering hopper) they are now building up to 64 and nothing gets sorted and makes a giant mess. Anyone else having this issue?

EDIT: Wow on 4th DC today xD
  16. This sometimes happens to me too. Theres no real fixe for it apart from picking up and placing the comparator back into place. Another fix is having a block next to the hopper and a button on it to create a redstone signal block update.
    This happens a lot at my guardian farm but much less these days.
    ThaKloned likes this.
  17. the result varies depending on whether you kill by drop or by potion/loot sword

i'll do tests for both and post results here for above design
  18. If the hopper isnt pulling the item then I usually replace the hopper and it fixes it, but since it gets to 64 i'm guessing thats not it, another issue could be too many items for it to catch, and then i would just double the sorter size and add a second sorter for every item with heavy traffic, which is what i did at my gold farm and skare does at his. And if its just the comparator freezing, there are many ways to "update" it with either a block, redstone or as skare said just replacing it.
  19. here's the one hour test using the drop kill method

ThaKloned likes this.