Shoutbox! Please!

Discussion in 'The Suggestion Box' started by Unoski, Mar 23, 2014.

?

Do you use the IRC?

No 3 vote(s) 33.3%
Yes 1 vote(s) 11.1%
What's that? 3 vote(s) 33.3%
Damnit sky, this is the second time "No" came before "Yes"! 2 vote(s) 22.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. First off, threads that are close/similar to this one. (I searched shout, please include others if you find em)
    http://empireminecraft.com/threads/forum-chat.33144/#post-636439

The IRC channel is not used that often.

Best Minecraft Servers
    I am suggesting that we have a shoutbox, similar to this.
    Best Minecraft Servers

It would bring the community closer together, offering plenty of chances to make new friends, and be more of an appeal rather than the IRC channel. I am pretty sure nearly all the forum users would be using it, in my opinion.

Of course with this implemented, there would have to be a way to report somebody and have some rules on it about advertising threads. But I think this would be greatly beneficial.
    TigerstarMC likes this.
  2. I think IRC is perfect - few professional, successful websites really have chat boxes, yet it allows people to chat on the site if they wish to. EMC is still primarily a gaming server, so I say we should keep most of the chat in-game. :)
    607 likes this.
  3. theres really no reason for a chat plugin, you have the game for that, or the forums, or your own status, or mumble. all of these can be accessed from a mobile phone. waste of bandwidth to have another chat for a game you can chat in
  4. I know of an option that would be a better fit for EMC, it is an ability that up there where it says *Chat*, it would bring you to window, where it just auto sign ins to our IRC channel, creating a forum based chat software, at the same time utilizing something we already have, that the staff members are already present in.