Should I take a break from EMC?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by We3_MPO, Feb 7, 2018.

?

Should I take a break?

Yes 4 vote(s) 18.2%
No 6 vote(s) 27.3%
It's up to you 16 vote(s) 72.7%
It's up to the staff 2 vote(s) 9.1%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Thanks for the kind advice. I know you're a little "late" but you can't really be late for something like this, plus late is better than never. Also, I can relate too; I think I may have an idea of what situation you're talking about, plus I do know that we're nearly the same age in-game. :)
  2. Glad there was no problem of being...
  3. Heya We3!
    I see that for the original purpose of this thread, I am a bit late but:
    If you feel overwhelmed or upset, I do believe it's a good idea to step back for a little bit, and take a break. We'll still be here when you return, but you need to take care of yourself.
    Also--I'm here for you, so please tell me if you need anything! =)
    We3_MPO likes this.
  4. I've taken breaks from EMC before. Never too long, usually like 2 weeks, and I usually come back refreshed with lots of new ideas on what I'd like to do.

So I'm voting "Yes" in the poll, but not because I wish for you to leave. I believe every member of EMC should take a short break at some point, even if they love this server, ESPECIALLY if they love this server. Even if you don't particularly feel overwhelmed or unhappy, a short time to decompress from and reevaluate EMC, as well as reframing your mindset is always a good idea, especially for those that spend huge amounts of time here.
    haastregt, We3_MPO and MoreMoople like this.
  5. In fact, I did feel overwhelmed and quite unhappy when I made this thread, and still do feel somewhat unhappy due to the "aftermath emotion" effect I tend to get after a tiring, stressful, frightening, or infuriating situation. (I'm not sure if that's an actual term, it's just the best description I can think of.)
  6. A bit late We3, but I'll give my opinion.

I agree with BurgerKnight 100%, it's completely up to you even if you aren't in trouble. We run around Earth so excited or depressed about what is going on, but we rarely take the time to admire the pretty flower or take a few deep breathes in and out. That was completely unrelated but if you want/need it, take some time to enjoy some fresh air and come back to EMC to tell me about your awesome adventures!

PM me if you ever need anything, I'm ALWAYS here <3
    We3_MPO likes this.