Should I take a break from EMC?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by We3_MPO, Feb 7, 2018.

?

Should I take a break?

Yes 4 vote(s) 18.2%
No 6 vote(s) 27.3%
It's up to you 16 vote(s) 72.7%
It's up to the staff 2 vote(s) 9.1%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. I've recently gotten into a very difficult situation with the EMC staff and members of the Sunnyvale outpost regarding my recent suggestion and a lie/misinformation/rumor. The MPO members have been unnecessarily involved in this too because I misinformed them about something which someone lied to me about. Now I am very very mad at some players and staff, I've received a PM from Krysyy regarding this, and the misinformation has now turned into a rumor which the staff are aware of.

Due to this, I'm now at risk of being banned, and I'm considering taking a break even if I don't get banned. Should I take a break?

I'm sorry for any of you who were misinformed and/or have gotten into this situation. I can't help but think how hard this is for the staff, whether I'll be banned, and what some people's parents will think when/if they see this drama. I hope this thread doesn't create even more problems and/or worsen the existing ones, but if it does, I'd like for it to be closed.
  2. If you feel you should, then take a break. It really isn't our decision to make.
    607, deathconn, RainbowPony and 2 others like this.
  3. Dude, I respect whatever you decide. I would reccomend to stay. Maybe explore the waste or fronteir for a while, just to get away from town and chat and stuff. Give yourself time to appreciate EMC. When you get back to town, just try to be yourself. Be kind and generous. Maybe host a few parties.

Like I said, I respect whatever you decide. But if you stay, I am sure EMC will appreciate it. :)

But ALWAYS stay your personal self. :)
    586 and We3_MPO like this.
  4. I'm almost never in town anyways. I'm usually in the frontier at the MPO. If it weren't for the community chat update, it's unlikely that any of this would've happened.
  5. Okay. I reccomend you just throw a few parties. Build trust up again. :)
    We3_MPO likes this.
  6. Sorry, but that would probably be a very bad idea right now, and I probably won't feel like it for a while. If I don't get banned, decide not to take break, and have a few more days after that to recuperate, maybe then, but I'm not sure.
  7. I think you should take a break if you personally feel you need one. For what it's worth - You've been quite a player and you helped me get started on the Forums, you were like the first person I saw. You posted on my profile once, apologizing for not following me. I've seen you rant on your profile a lot and you've always been really active. Now, here's my opinion:

This is annoying. I think that if you are considering a break, maybe just take a break from the action to think it over. But you know you. A difficult situation... Personally, I feel that even if you reported a lie, no matter what happened, if you believed it to be the truth and you had good intentions you did nothing wrong.

Now, if my best friend tells me, "The world's ending!" and I tell everyone online to go spend all their rupees because the world's ending... I know that's ridiculous, but although I was dumb, if I truly had good intentions I think I would be fine. I think that if you had good intentions you are good and if you had bad you are still good. You've been really nice to me over the past month.

Now, I have a different perspective, because I wasn't misinformed. But to see "what some people's parents will think when/if they see this drama" kind of scares me. It's Minecraft, I can't imagine what's going on that would be dangerous to real life, or something like that.

"Now I am very very mad at some players and staff, I've received a PM from Krysyy regarding this, and the misinformation has now turned into a rumor which the staff are aware of."

Why are you mad at the Staff? That's interesting. This sounds like a really annoying situation and I hope you get out of it the right way. I don't feel that you will be banned as long as you refrain from trusting that source again --- And you fact check everything you say. If there's something THAT big, you might want to make sure it's true before telling everyone, because even though it wasn't your fault, people will find you untrustworthy.

I can't say much more --- I'm not involved and I don't want to be too involved, but I would just take whatever Krysyy said. And --- I hope to see you around Empire again! The community is still good and they still love you... You'll get through it.
    We3_MPO likes this.
  8. Big ones. With 10,000 promos. xD (Don't do that)
  9. Personally, if you don't get banned, I think that you should stay. The MPO needs you. Although, it is your decision.
    586 and We3_MPO like this.
  10. Okay/ I would reccomend then getting to know a certain player directly. Like play with him/her a lot on the games server or something. You could change your username to something different. And just restart EMC. Restart from scratch. New residence and stuff. It might be fun, who knows? Whatever you decide, it will be a good desicion
  11. The situation probably is pretty serious at this point. I'm sorry if I scared you or anyone else, but it's hard not to panic when I'm frightened myself.

Thank you for your kind comment.
    q1zx and CinemaSins like this.
  12. Tbh,just talk to your friends and take this out of the public. The more you stick it in our faces the more of a problem its gonna make you look like.
    q1zx and We3_MPO like this.
  13. Sorry. It is easy to panic when frightened. I'm trying to work this out with staff and those involved, though.
  14. If I were you I'd solve my problems and learn from my mistakes. Everyone makes mistakes, everyone has those days.
    q1zx and We3_MPO like this.
  15. Yup. Good advice. Seriously dude, I'd love for ya to stay. But it really is your desicion.
    We3_MPO likes this.
  16. Um....you weren't at risk of being banned. I just corrected you.
    586, We3_MPO and WitherDoggie like this.
  17. Thanks for letting me know. Sorry. I was just worried.
  18. Next time just ask. :)
    Jelle68 and We3_MPO like this.
  19. Thanks everyone for the advice and for keeping your comments civil. The situation is already being resolved. I probably won't be gone for long, but I may take a very small break (a few days) just to give me a little time to recuperate. I'll try not to let anything like this happen again, and I'll be getting in-game shortly just to /ignore some of the people who have recently bothered me.
    Stnywitness likes this.
  20. Then from my pov you did NOT misinform them but instead you informed them to the best of your knowledge.

I can somewhat (vaguely) relate to the situation with the exception of me being mad at staff or any rumors being in play. In my situation I have the opinion that they made some poor decisions at certain points and I left it at that.

Of course I can't really comment without knowing the situation. I'd love to help if you want me to, you're one of the EMC veterans from my point of view so if there's anything I could do to help... drop me a line. Maybe someone not directly involved could shed a new light on some things?

But still... First what I'd do: don't overdo it. Drop it when it doesn't necessarily concern you or the outpost.

I mean: it was a suggestion right? That does't mean you have to put it into effect. If a suggestion causes this much drama AND you care about your outpost members: drop it.

"Ok, bad suggestion, let's not speak of this again."

And be on your way.

(I'm not joking here).

Still... I now also wonder if this is really best discussed in the open. So I am going to do what I usually do, stuff I might better not do but I do it anyway because that's who I am :p

For the record: I don't think you should take a break. Don't run away from your problems but face them, deal with them and then come out a as a better player. And if you need help then all you need is ask. Not necessarily me, but I'm sure there will be plenty of others who are willing to help you out.
    We3_MPO likes this.