Shopper frustrated by arrows

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussion' started by pyro_vampiress, Jun 14, 2014.

1. ohhh its the guys that make randalls and tom thumb!
    pyro_vampiress likes this.
  2. Wal Mart. Nuff said :D
  3. How about a simple button teleport to teleport you to the appropriate section where the item is?
  4. ive never seen anything out of place in walmart unless its in one of those bargain bins in the aisle
  5. genius award. omg.
    Albert_Einstein_Head.jpg
    omg you have an iq of 3001
    totes not overreacting
    :p
  6. my mega mall on smp9 at res 18100 always places arrows on the weapons/tools section/floor as for me this makes abit more sense the have your ammunition next to your weapons :)
    Gap542 and pyro_vampiress like this.
  7. OK, here is the solution.
    When you build your shops, be sure to put the mob drops 'section' adjacent to the 'weapons' section, so both the Bows and Arrows can be next to each other!!!

If you already built your mall, and the mob section is not next to the weapons section, lets go to town with some TNT and rebuild it!

I had more trouble determining whether to put redstone dust in with the redstone, or in the 'ores/minerals' section.
    Think that the minerals/ores won out, however I believe that I have a sign/tp for those looking for redstone dust in the 'redstone devices' section. Then I have to worry about the brewing section as some may look for redstone dust and glowstone dust there too.
  8. i just made an equipment section, this way arrows which are equipment could go next to bows which are weapons and equipment
  9. Currently making a mall with a friend and I see no problem having arrows in mob drops and weapons same wit other items that could go in two categories, if bitemenow and others think this is a ridiculous idea and just seem to want to shoot down your idea then it's their loss and makes it clear to us not to buy from them again. Bitemenow you continually speak about how it would be such a pain to double stock but when someone suggests it I see no reason why it shouldn't be done, it's only going to help you.
  10. i dont double stock anything, nor have you ever bought from me so i dont mind losing your lack of patronage. my shop is well laid out and organized in such a way that if new blocks or items emerge from new editions i can easily add them in. having things multistocked looks cluttered and disorganized. double stocking also means you are going to eventually end up forgetting you are double stocked and changing the price on one and not the other meaning people are going to buy and sell to you. i never said it was a ridiculous request i just think its a lazy one, seriously how difficult is it to go back to the shop tp room and go to a different room? instead you want me to run the risk of being scammed or having a dc that is never bought from occupying valuable space on a 6o by 60. in fact since you are so insistant ill remove move perms from you on my shop so you arent tempted.
  11. Ok it appears you took this way to personally and misunderstood much of what I was saying, but seeing how you really don't like to have two sided conversations and rather you telling other people how they are wrong I will not try and explain things to you as my message was clear, all I will say is your arguement is hypocritical because you mainly state people are lazy but ten go on to say how it's to much work for you to remember you have two sections or to much work for you to double stock, or to much work for you to remember that you have two sections of prices you may one day need to change.
    I don't see why you needed to take it so personally when I said people like bitemenow who don't want to use this idea may lose money, this is true because say a new player to minecraft has just found out skeletons drop arrows which can be used in this cool thing called a bow they didn't know existed, knowing that skeletons drop arrows they head to the mob drop area to buy some, when they don't see them they shop elsewhere because they don't know arrows are craftable and will be placed in your weapons section all because you made the assumption l players think the same way you do.

My intention for my earlier post was not to attack anyone that their views are wrong simply that it could only help to place ten in two sections. I see that must have been in a bad mood to react so harshly and will not make the assumption this is your normal personality. I don't want you to think of me as someone who rejects all other opinions when I was just trying to make mine clear. The only reason I used yours in my previous post was because I saw you had a heavy opinion with this thread. As for you losing business I was referring to the general amount of people and not me. Again using your name because I saw you were not a person for double stocking.
  12. Contrary to my first couple if lines in that post I did elaborate my opinions^
    Pab10S likes this.
  13. This thread is still alive?! It's been like a month yo'
    HurricaneHero35 likes this.
  14. What else is in that equipment section?
  15. potions, tools, minecarts, armor, weapons, horse armor and shiny things.
    quoting this cause other one is too long. i dont know you and thus dont know if you have ever owned a big shop. but its far from lazy, the amount of work that goes into construction and planning far exceeds the two seconds it takes for a shopper to go to a different tp. keeping stocked, managing prices, and adding new things as needed plus having a well thought out idea where you shouldnt need to doublestock is far more work then you are giving credit for. and again i specifically stated well thought out shops.
  16. Let's just have a section called 'ammunition' in which only arrows go. The actual bow would the weapon :p
    bitemenow15 and 607 like this.
  17. Heh, welcome to running a business =P (Shops are a business). The seller always does the more frustrating work to make it easier on the buyers.
  18. I just mailed you 16 stacks of arrows (free gift), problem solved (sort of) lol.
    /mail is so nice
    MatthewDA likes this.
  19. But the bows can also be drops so what about the mob dropped bows.. Do they go in Mob drops or weapons..? :eek:
  20. To be honest, they belong in the Weapons Section. Sure they are dropped by mobs, but so are Iron, Bows, Gold, and tons of other stuff.
    They are craftable and they are the counterpart of bows. It only makes sense that they should stay together.