Shop spam, What do you think!!

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Silken_thread, Jan 31, 2013.

?

Would you like the ability to turn off/on Shop spam when needed

Yes 38 vote(s) 90.5%
No 4 vote(s) 9.5%
  1. install the Optifine mod, I think that combines messages, so it would appear like this:
    Code:
    Jimmy just bought 64 dirt for 2 rupees (x40)
    or whatever the message is.
    And now, when in the wilderness, I didn't think it would spam your chat with that.
  2. remove that link for your sig ASAP!!!!!
    jkjkjk182 likes this.
  3. No, it doesn't.
  4. Advertising your server is illegal here. Someone clearly didnt read the rules >.>
  5. I thought it did....i had it installed and it would seem like I didn't say something, because I said it before, and it said (x2) beside the message in chat.....oh well
  6. Incoming ban for server advertising ETA: 4 minutes 38 seconds.
  7. Huh, I just got "shop spam" earlier today, and optifine did not combine the messages. :confused:
  8. I just removed my signature...now can the imminent ban be removed?
  9. That's weird...I just had Optifine a few days ago and it combined messages....I wonder if EMC can get the permission of the auther of the ChestShop plugin to modify the code of the plugin and disable notifications in the wilderness.
  10. Sure that wasn't another mod? what ones do you have installed.
    jkjkjk182 likes this.
  11. Must be an option somewhere. I've never had optifine combine any messages.
  12. Does anyone know if it generates a config in the .minecraft folder?
  13. I read the commandments and the terms and conditions...and i dont think it said no advertising in signitures and posts....besides....EMC is a ginormous community and a couple of people joining my server couldn't hurt, could it? Variety never hurt anyone.
    Please dont flag or ban for this post...just stating opinions here.
  14. Yes, optionsof.txt
  15. Oh no, 2 or 3 people getting stolen doesn't hurt, but when it's not against the rules and 5000+ people do it, then suddenly you have a big problem.
    jkjkjk182 likes this.
  16. Being logged into any AC account (Alexchance3 or alexchance4) you get loads of "bob bought 64 stone from you for 2r" spam. It gets really.. Reallyyy annoying. xD
  17. Haha, how do you get his notifications?...:confused:
  18. If you made Jcplugs2 you could see it aswell. Like. If you have a name than something after you see all of that stuff:)
    jkjkjk182 likes this.