Shell's waste base story ;)

Discussion in 'Share Your EMC Creations' started by ShelLuser, Sep 10, 2018.

1. Hi gang!

Disclaimer (important): Do not build stuff in the wastelands unless you don't mind losing it all in the blink of an eye. Yes, I had tons of fun here, and to a certain degree I can actually recommend doing this yourself as well, especially if you're an EMC veteran. You build stuff, you have fun with it, the waste resets and so a new challenge awaits (or not).

But especially for the new(er) players amongst us: be well aware that when you start building in the wastelands you do so with the expectation to eventually lose everything. Because that's what's going to happen eventually (unless you want to tear the whole thing down and collect all the mats again).

Shell's waste adventure

The base is completed! :)

Sorry for dragging this on just a little more but this was seriously fun to do! I had a great time and when I had a good time I sometimes can't help venting about it. And I loved this. So it all started when Aya and me found what appeared to be a large island. That turned out to be wrong and merely an optical illusion (I don't have my render distance set that high).

Even so; the idea was quickly to build something but fully "inside" the area which was already there. And I think we managed to do that just fine (as seen above).

Here is what the build looks like from the outside when seen from the right (the left side is fully embedded into the mountain):

I really believe that our build can be easily missed when you come here from the forest onto the shore.

Anyway, in a previous post "elsewhere" I showed you guys how we had to finish the area near the door and today we did just that. The roof has been finished and we somewhat embedded that with the dirt ceiling. So at one point it (somewhat) looks as if the ceiling goes into the dirt (with a little bit of imagination I suppose). One way or the other: the interior looks decent enough I think:

Gotta love my newly founded wolfpack. Earlier today a zombie sneaked into our house because the sleeping area wasn't lit enough but the wolves (even though they were sitting down) quickly finished him.

And we even have our own swimming pool now:

It's amazing what you can build using only stuff you find in the waste, right?

Seriously, at times like these I'm really deep into the game ;) We only got the sandstone from gathering a lot of sand, the brick blocks and glazed terracotta you see? Collecting (and processing) enough clay. And if you think our pool looks a bit special then you're probably right: Aya added an extra layer of (colored) concrete which definitely managed to enhance the whole thing a bit.

And don't get me started again on the way back to spawn ;)

anyway... wanted to share. Feel free to stop by, you might even find some freebies :)
    Raaynn, 607, Kephras and 2 others like this.
  2. I think the way you made your base out of local items is brillant. Its a good way to play as you can play on a fully updated world with access to all the new features. Building a wastelands base also allow to take super long mining trips as you can store your items in the base, then with some careful planning you can get your items back to town before the reset and then build a new base and start the process all over again but enhanced by past experience.
  3. this is awesome shel i love it
    ShelLuser and Nuttyknight42 like this.