Shell's most chaotic event so far ;)

Discussion in 'Public Member Events' started by ShelLuser, Mar 1, 2017.

?

Will she pick it up?

Poll closed Mar 8, 2017.
Yes! 13 vote(s) 86.7%
No! 2 vote(s) 13.3%
  1. Hi gang!

Aya and me "did something". One lucky new(er) player won my luck of the draw. They won a fallout box containing an Elytra and some fireworks to help them take off. And the box itself too :D No: I am not talking about Aya(namiKun). Aya actually helped me to set this up and she send this mystery player a hint ;)

So the first part of this event already has a winner, the real question though: will they find out?

And this is where the 2nd event (the one you're looking at) comes into play...

Vote!

Will this mystery player discover the (mailed) hint and pick up their reward or not?

Running time: 1 week max. If this mystery new player didn't pick up their gift at the 10th of March then it will count as 'No'. Otherwise it'll count as "Yes". Tip: this mystery player is approx. 20 days old.

If they did pick up their gift I will ask random.org to pick a winning yes vote and they will receive the "shell event box".

If they did NOT pick up their gift I will ask random.org to pick a winning no vote and they will receive the "shell event box".

So what is this prize? A renamed shulker box containing the same items as this mystery player won.

Maybe my main residence will contain some clues, I dunno. Heck, maybe Aya's res also contains some......

ONE thing is for sure: this mystery player will get their prize. If they don't pick it up then I will make sure they get it nonetheless. That is a promise.

We send a certain player a certain in-game mail. The poll has 2 options: yes or no. Just vote. If the player reads their mail and picks up the item I will give a random 'yes voter' a prize. If they don't then a random 'no voter' wins something. The prize being a renamed shulker box with an elytra and some firworks inside.

Disclaimer: even if the mystery player does not pick up their items (most likely from being unfamiliar with the /mail system) then they still get their prizes no matter what. Aya & me will see to that.

Disclaimer 2: If you followed some of my ad-hoc events you know how chaotic it can become. That's the only hint I'll give you guys :)

Bump!

uh oh, that is a premature bump! :D

Who said anything about me giving a vault & stable voucher away? :D
    607, Jelle68, NuclearBobomb and 4 others like this.
  2. My body is ready.
    ShelLuser and WolfInAction like this.
  3. This seems fun
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  4. I wonder who the new player is. what happens if they quite before the 10th?
    ShelLuser and Equinox_Boss like this.
  5. Then GripCEO will PM them an offer they cannot refuse :D or.. well.. uhm.. you know... good question! :D

We'll report them! :eek:

On second thought.. best not I guess. Oh well.. when that happens they will be disqualified and their prize will be given away to the opposite winners (yes, I am being vague for a reason, please respect this) :)
    607, SirCue and Equinox_Boss like this.
  6. tip: shelly & me know u can cheat ^.^ I told him :cool:
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  7. 'Chaotic'
    *looks at thread*
    This is a fascinating event. ;)
  8. I love something that brings the most epic of chaos ;)
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  9. Confused but what is fun without some confusion =P
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  10. And we have 2 winners :D

SO yeah... Sometimes I get a little crazy (usually during the evening), do /newplayers and then think of something fun to do. I sporadically dropped stuff on new new players (1 - 2 days old) but stopped doing that because there have been several who eventually took off and have never been seen again. So when I am in such a funny mood I restrict myself to older new players :D

Aaaanyway...

I checked this morning and what do you know?

They found their prize and even better: also liked it :)

So now for round 2. We have 12 'Yes' voters, so now I'll pick a random number between 1 - 12, check the list of voters (this is why your vote was made public) and pick out the right number. Without further ado...

Number 6, which means: NuclearBobomb!

If you want to check for yourself: Click 'View results' on the poll if you haven't voted, then click on "12 vote(s)" (assuming it still says 12, it did at the time of writing). You'll see all the names who voted and right now the 6th name in the list is... you guessed it :)

Congratulations, thanks for playing. The prizes will be mailed later this evening (local time).
    Equinox_Boss and 607 like this.
  11. wait what
  12. Ha, that's cool!
    I came across this too late to join in on the suspense, though.