Share Your Note Block Creations!

Discussion in 'Share Your EMC Creations' started by ultipig, Dec 31, 2020.

?

Do you like note blocks?

Yes! 7 vote(s) 100.0%
No! 0 vote(s) 0.0%
  1. Hey, everyone. :D

This is a thread about note blocks on EMC. It doesn't matter whether you have a simple doorbell or a whole note block song... Post it here!

Here are my current creations:

^ I remade this one \/
    FadedMartian and Raaynn like this.
  2. I feel like we've had this thread before. :D
    I like note blocks too, but I actually haven't done much with them! Maybe I should try to do an original composition with them some time. :) I'm sure there are tools for easy composition that allow to convert to a Minecraft world.

Etho's recent journey into note blocks has been really exciting for me; he does neat stuff with looping and turning parts on and off to drastically compress long tunes!
    See 2:55 here for one of his works. :)
    UltiPig likes this.
  3. Definitely seen these things before. :p

Every. Single. Cellist. Hates. This. Piece. :p Like, the cello part is just the first four bars repeated over and over and over again, and it probably is the most requested piece to be played at weddings and other places where non-classical musicians can request what classical musicians play. A friend of mine is a classical cellist, studied it in college, and I soon learned that “Can you play cannon in D?” has become a joke question for classical musicians when someone says they play cello or piano. It’s such an easy and repetitive piece to play, and it’s so over-requested. Just, so you know… :p

Coming to something resembling what this thread is for: I have done some stuff with note blocks, but nothing really to show for it. I tried to make a system where you can basically enter the score of a piece, and then stand somewhere to have it played there on just one full arsenal of note blocks. Instead of moving a redstone pulse that plays increasingly distant blocks, having a large mechanism that powers the same that are near. At some point, I got annoyed by the lack of tempo options, the inability to even get the slightest amount of dynamic, and the general harshness of the sounds. I tried to combat the latter two by having multiple note blocks play at once, the possibility of multiple different timbers, and playing some overtones as well, but nothing could give me a sound that was pleasant enough to listen to for me to want to continue with the project :p
    UltiPig and 607 like this.
  4. I can imagine your discontent with the results, but it sounds like an interesting project!
    Egeau likes this.
  5. Okay. Here is the one I remade yesterday. :)

FadedMartian and 607 like this.
  6. I made resemblance to an IRL piano with matching keys on my main res, and it's functional!

I still don't know what flag to add so that other players can play, but not mess with the piano, though...
    UltiPig likes this.
  7. Thanks for posting! Adding buttons to your piano would work, but also make it harder to play. Maybe a flag could be added just for hitting note blocks... :eek:
    FadedMartian and Ethy202 like this.
  8. Nice!
    Did you do the arrangement by ear or from MIDI, if I may ask? :)
  9. Both! I used a piano tutorial to get the notes, and I listened to the original to compare.
    FadedMartian and 607 like this.
  10. I'm very inspired. I think I'll see about adding some Bach when I get the time. I didn't know note blocks could do so much!
    607 and UltiPig like this.