Share Your Must Watch ANIME List

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by BenCannoli, Oct 19, 2015.

?

Do you like/enjoy Animes?

Yes. 26 vote(s) 60.5%
No. 5 vote(s) 11.6%
Not sure/No opinion/Neither like or dislike. 3 vote(s) 7.0%
Potato. 9 vote(s) 20.9%
  1. Awesome, I'll be sure to take a look on those movies! :D
    By the way, regarding the bonus, I've wrote it down at the beginning of this thread.
    I'm currently on a trip, so I'll only give to bonus when I'm home, which is gonna be tomorrow.
  2. Lol, speaking of movies is another story, I have a bunch (ironically, mostly live action anime movies) on my watch list that I neglected to mention.. xD

Kiki's Delivery Service (Majo no Takkyūbin) {2014} Live-Action - A retelling of the coming of age story of a young witch, Kiki, leaving her village to help people in accordance to the customs of her people. This rendition is based on the original book written by Eiko Kadono in 1985, which is also the basis for the Studio Ghibli version.

Kaidan Restaurant (Thriller Restaurant) {2010} Hybrid Live-Action - See above. This dinner served by Kaidan Restaurant is the Grim Reaper's Phone Number.

Princess Jellyfish {2014} Live-Action - Princess Jellyfish centers around Amamizukan, an apartment building in Tokyo, where the only tenants are otaku women, and where no men are allowed. While each character has her own particular fixation, the protagonist is Tsukimi Kurashita, whose love of jellyfish stems from memories of her deceased mother taking her to an aquarium and linking the lace-like tendrils of jellyfish to the dresses of princesses. Tsukimi hopes to become an illustrator and is an awkward girl terrified of social interaction, attractive people and the prospect of formal work. I, of course, am leaving an important aspect about the story out, so you will need to watch it to see what it is.. xD

Ranma 1/2 {2011} Live-Action - Ranma was an ordinary boy until one day while training with his father in Jusenkyo, Ranma falls into the Pond of Drowned Girl, and is cursed to transform into a female every time he comes in contact with cold water. xD

Princess Mononoke (Mononoke-hime) {1997} - In Muromachi period Japan, an Emishi village is attacked by a demon. The last Emishi prince, Ashitaka, kills the demon before it reaches the village, but its corruption curses his arm in the battle. The curse gives him superhuman fighting abilities, but will eventually kill him. The villagers discover that the demon was once a boar god, Nago, corrupted by an iron ball lodged in his body. The village's wise woman tells Ashitaka that he may find a cure in the western lands Nago was exiled from. Princess Mononoke is hailed by many to be the "Star Wars" of anime.
  3. This is separated because I chose to add the trailers, and you can only have 5 "images" per post..

Chocolate {2008} Thai Kickboxing Movie - Not actually anime but amazing none the less, Chocolate is about an Autistic girl whom is the daughter of a yakuza boss and a Thai woman whom has ties to the Thai Mafia. The girl has the ability to learn any fighting style by simply watching them and uses these skills to help her mother pay her hospital bills after her mother becomes ill with cancer. Like most Thai kickboxing movies, this movie is violent and should be watched with caution.. :oops:

So sorry about the german trailer, all of the english ones had inappropriate scenes..:oops:

mercenaries2009 likes this.
  4. Make sure to avoid the English dub. They're terrible and they're censored to holy heck. You can find the OVA series uncut on Youtube, I think.
  5. I'll be sure to check on those movies. THey look really interesting, specially the part of "Star Wars" of the anime hehe.:D

No problemo, I'll definetely check these movies too! Ah by the way, if you got trailers that you think are inappropriate you can send 'em to me through a private conversation. Thanks for sharing 'em!:D
    I'll try to find in Portuguese (my native language). Mostly portuguese dubs are really good when it comes to animes. Oh and thanks for the warning!;)
    technoLova and ObscureGolem like this.
  6. So, I just skimmed through all of the posts, just to make sure I don't duplicate someones suggestion, and I have a few anime movies that I do believe everyone should check out, if you have not already.

These are in no particular order:

I have decided just to make a list, and a short comment about how I feel about the movie, rather than a synopsis. I will leave the glory of watching these too you - These are mostly movies, and not shows with episodes:

Spriggan (1998) - Absolute must see - if you have not already!

Ninja Scroll (1993) - Absolute must see - if you have not already!

Akira (1988) - Absolute must see - if you have not already!

Heavy Metal (1981) - Had to give this one a NOD, 1.) I love heavy metal 2.) classic 3.) south park did a wicked awesome episode related to this anime.

Princess Mononoke (1997) - absolutely had to duplicate this one for your list. A must watch.

Howl's Moving Castle - (2005) - Prob. the most recent and best anime that have come out, IMO.

The Hobbit (anime) - (1977) - Very weird weird animation. Never before, never again type of stuff. A definite lazy day, snowed in, wanna watch something interesting. Very fast paced as far as story line, skips a lot of book content. Work watching, if have not already.

Ghost in the Shell ( 1995) - Absolute must see - if you have not already.

(clicking links should lead to a youtube trailer, tried to find the best ones)

If it were not so late right now, I would call my brother - and he would refresh my memory of a few other GREATS, that I watched when I was young. So - perhaps I will add more at a later date, But this should keep you occupied!

Let me know what you think!
    ShelLuser and mercenaries2009 like this.
  7. Wait Wait Wait... Are you telling me there's a Hobbit movie in Anime??? Wait, is it from the Lord of the Rings franchise? Well, I'm gonna give 'em a look for sure bro. Specially the Hobbit one... That took a interest in me. Thank You for sharing these movies!:D
  8. On a side note, the main theme for Howl's Moving Castle, the Merry-Go-Round of Life was written by Joe Hisaishi, whom also wrote the music for Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind, Porco Rosso, Spirited Away, My Neighbor Totoro, Princess Mononoke and even the video game Ni No Kuni. He was a student of the legendary Anime Composer Takeo Watanabe.

Also, Ghost in the Shell consists of 5 movies and 3 series. First were the 2 movies, Ghost in the Shell and Ghost in the Shell 2: Innocence. Then Stand-Alone Complex make up the first 2 series. Each of the SAC story arcs also made movie of the said arcs, The Laughing Man and the Individual Eleven. Solid State Society was never tied to a season of SAC but makes up the 5th movie. The most recent series came out last year, I believe. It is called Ghost in the Shell: Arise. This was the series that Microsoft (or some other company) used to market the Edge Laptop.
    mercenaries2009 and RidgeBeam like this.

9. EDIT: It was made by the same art company that did the Last Unicorn it seems like.. xD
  10. "spirited away" that is another great one!

Great background on ghost in the shell - It is expansive enough to really get into.
  11. When you said "Merry-Go-Round" I was expecting something more like Super Mario's soundtrack XD. yet such a beautiful soundtrack! I loved it! Thanks for sharing it!:D
    Ok what's with you guys blowing my mind? Geez... Haha :p
    Well, Seems like it... I'm looking forward to watch it!:D
  12. Heh, Fundamentally.. The Hobbit cartoon and The Last Unicorn were essentially made by Studio Ghibli.. Although it was not known by that name at the time. At the time, the company was called Topcraft. It worked in conjunction with Rankin/Bass and also created stuff like Frosty's Winter Wonderland and Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind was also made by Topcraft, however the studio went bankrupt and dissolved in June 15, 1986, allowing Hayao Miyazaki, Toshio Suzuki and Isao Takahata to buy the studio and change its name to Studio Ghibli. Many Topcraft animators later joined Ghibli or went to work for other anime studios, thus making this studio the birth studio and start of Studio Ghibli.
  13. Jesus... Explains why I've never heard of such cartoon OR studio... I wasn't even born back then!
  14. Code geass, flcl, outlaw star, cowboy bebop, deathnote until like episode 30, soul eater, and trigun
  15. I second Trigun - that is one I forgot to mention as well.
    I also second Cowboy Bebop! - Great stuff!
  16. YEah dude Cowboy Bebop is AWESOME. HAve you guys watched Cowboy Bebop Knockin' on Heaven's Door? IF you haven't do it!:eek:

Soul Eater was awesome too, I had sooo many laughs with it! Haha :D
  17. It was banned in a lot of places and it got a very limited release, so good luck and fingers crossed.
  18. My personal must watch list:
    • Mirai Nikki
    • Tokyo Ghoul
    • Date a Live
    • Sword Art Online
    I keep watching these over and over, they all have really good plots behind them!
  19. Well... Piratebay is there for a reason. Haha :D
    Yeah, some people recommended the same. I can't wait to watch 'em! Thanks for sharing your list! :D
    technoLova and CaptainCraft300 like this.
  20. Attack on Titan, Sword Art Online (first series has about 24 episodes, and comes to around 8 hours in total. I binge watched it over two days :p), and Tokyo Ghoul (I binged that over a weekend, and it was around 6 hours in total). I'd reccomend more, but I'm not big on anime - I just watched a few series while my American and British TV series I like were all dried up... and they're not any more, so... :p