Share Your Location

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Tahitan, Dec 6, 2015.

1. Country: USA
    State/Region: Washington
    City: (Optional) mercer island
    Information: rains every day
  2. Somewhere, Colorado U.S

Climate: 2 Seasons. Summer (100°F) and Winter (-10°F) [Very well known to snow in summer or be 60°F in winter]
    [We call it at my school, Colorado's bipolar weather patterns]

I live between a rich and a country driven community. Country is primarily the one which is stronger and shows more.

A LOT of people bike as well ski. It's called "Colorful Colorado" For a reason.
  3. A place that's too hot, Australia :p
  4. Apeldoorn, Gelderland, the Netherlands.

We have a sea climate here, so it rains regularly here and it's not particularly warm here
  5. Stockholm, Sweden. It's cold, but still no snow...
  6. Pluto , Australia , Perth :rolleyes:
    mercenaries2009 likes this.
  7. Country: Italia
    Region: Toscana
    Province: PI (Province of Pisa)
    City: Pisa

Climate: It's about 0 degrees right now, will probably reach -10 during the peak of winter, but snow is unlikely due to being on the coast of the Mediterranean. During the summers, it reaches a high of about 27.823 degrees, which is a killer.

Traditions: I need you to be more specific about what you mean by traditions, do you mean culture? What kinds of things do you want to know? I'll share something about the Italian food culture:

In Italy, when eating your meals, you generally have four courses. The first dish, called primo piatto, is a hearty meal of either fish, poultry, meat, or pasta. Following this is usually a salad or a local cuisine made from vegetables, called secondo piatto. Following the presentation of the two dishes, you eat a pear, apple, orange, or caco to balance out your palate. Then comes the good stuff; sweets! In the Christmas season, there are two great treats that are exclusive like the pumpkin spice latte at Starbucks, or Egg Nog in the states. Panettone and Pandoro are absolutely delicious, but there's a dilemma. Just like everyone is either Team Edward or Team Jacob, people here are either pro-pandoro or pro-panettone.. there's no in-between.

Pandoro:

Panettone:
  8. Espoo, 02330, Finland (Europe) c:
  9. Selfoss, Árnessýsla , Iceland

We just had our first hurricane in 25 years. pretty annoying.
    Selfoss is what you could call a market town. not really much to do here, (though we have the largest PVC pipe maker in iceland) weather is mild. ranging from -10°C to around 18°C in the summer (if we are lucky)
    TomvanWijnen and Tahitan like this.
  10. Augusta, Georgia, USA

Downtown Augusta ( Picture taken from the South Carolina side of the Savanah River. )

Weather: Very hot in the summer and very mild in the winter because the air here thrives with humidity.

Traditions: The world famous Masters Golfing Tournament held once every spring.

The World Famous Masters Golf Course.

Golf is a big part of both the Augusta tradition and economy, about 90% of Augusta's annual income comes from tourist here to see the tournament on Masters Week. This tournament is a very well respected one as people come from all over the world just to see it, in fact I know a friend of my dad's that has a daughter who lives with her boyfriend now in Britain who she met during Masters week when he was visiting the city for the tournament. The Masters however is not only a tournament but it is also a club of the best golfers around, in fact Bill Gates once tried to buy a membership into the Masters once and got rejected. Bill Gates is now a member but only because he worked up the skill to become one and he owns a house near the course now.
  11. Why With Images? I Am Eating Starbucks OatMeal And You Post With Images. I Am More Hungry Now!!!
  12. Is it bad that at first I thought that was minecraft? I mean with shaders and all..
  13. Ahh jeez -.-
    New York, Long Island, Cold and sick...
  14. Northern Virginia
    It's the type of cold that's bearable. Around 30-40 degrees.
  15. Northwest Arkansas

Temperature is currently 40, but it's supposed to be in the 70s by the end of the week. Who knows what it'll be next week.
  16. Long Island, New York. It goes from the 30s in the night and 40s in the day these days. People who aren't from here say Long Island as two words, Long Islanders mash them both together like Longisland =D
    ShyguytheGamer1 likes this.
  17. Yay, we are islanders, what is your favorite sports team?
  18. Cool =D dyou live in the west or east end? I live in the west, in Huntington. My favorite sports team is the giants, i don't really watch hockey xP
  19. More of a jet guy myself, also east end, so lucky so be in the north shore area ^-^