Share your favorite Anime intro (music)!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by ShelLuser, May 31, 2015.

1. ... Esp. since GiTS is my all time favorite Anime :) - Shel

If you don't already have a copy, Amazon has the whole of SAC for like, $30. In America. Which might be a problem.

Also, I can't quote people, hence the MacGyver rigged quote.
    ShelLuser likes this.
  2. My dear X7.... thanks a bunch for the tip but I'm well covered already. When it comes to Ghost in the Shell I'm quite the fanatic. I got everything I care for ;)

Ghost in the Shell, the animated movie, was actually the very first DVD I ever bought. At 16 years old and only now realizing I got it 1 year after release ;) I got intrigued which led me to buy the original manga's (comics). English translated. Then they launched SAC and... I'm not too proud to admit to it: this launched pre-youtube era and one of the reasons I'm not too proud or ashamed to admit this is because there simply was no other way to obtain this: I got my share through "certain IRC channels". Deep respect for those fanatics who taped this, scanned it, subtitled it and then shared the whole thing on the early Innernets.

I did make up for my 'sins'. GiTS SAC, first season, was all bought in the special addition by me. Almost as soon as it came out. I got myself a few pretty cool t-shirts thanks to that. And all my DVD's sit safely in a "Warai lotoko" (prob. lousy spelling: "laughing man") metal box.

Then I also got Innocence (I liked), some of the rest of the OST (most was included with the special collection stuff) the SAC movie ('Solid State Society') and obviously the 2nd gig (2nd season). But this time not in the special edition release.

I got quite ecstatic when my gf brought back a souvenir for me from her holidays in Japan (long, offtopic, story): she got me the original GiTS manga. Not translated, not a modern remake, the original. Color & black/white pages. Read from "back" to "front" and yah.. kicks .. 'behinds'.

In the mean time I also collected some of the modern stuff but... I blame Spielberg, I'm not going to follow up. For me GiTS ended when Spielberg took over. The modern series isn't bad, but I still don't like it because it directly contradicts stuff explained / proven within the original SAC series.

So yah.. Thanks again for the tip, really appreciate it, but I am covered :)
  3. Had to include my fav one piece opening.
    AyanamiKun and ShelLuser like this.
  4. Another blast from the past from me... This is the opening of a series I was completely addicted to; I made sure to get home on time after school to watch this one on Superchannel, even managed to get some of my friends hooked.

Robotech:

This brings back memories :)

The fun thing is that it's not even a single Anime, but 3 titles rolled into one. It was pretty common in the US not to stick with an original series but to "adapt" it for US television. Usually to make a series last longer and make sure the episodes "fit" into the broadcast schedule.

Robotech actually consisted of:
    • The Super Dimension fortress Macross
    • Super Dimension cavalry Southern Cross
    • Genesis climber MOSPEADA
    The series consisted of 3 seasons which each told a different story (so also featured a different cast and a different protagonist), but it all played out in the same universe. The Macross saga (first season) and the Masters (second season) were my favourite, I never really cared for the 3rd (The New Generarion) even though I have all seasons on DVD.
    What I liked best was the storyline. It dealt with more than just mecha battles and would also focus on the personal lives of the main characters. And what really left an impression is that this series wasn't one which always ended with a happy ending. During the series there were quite some dramatic and rememberable moments, some not all that pleasant. Still, I always preferred series which added a small dose of realism.
    Robotech even had a spin-off, a story unrelated to anything in the series but still played off in the same universe: Macross Plus:
    I love that 'serene' opening song...

And like so many Anime series, at least from that era... There was a band involved ;) One of the main characters, Myung Fang Lone, is the producer of Sharon Apple. A virtual artist which performs in arenas as a hologram and is controlled by Myung during those performances. One of the songs used, Idol Talk, is quite catchy. At least in my opinion:

Warning: The movie above uses some fast flashing light effects, so don't watch it if you're sensitive to that. Also: Some scenes are slightly mature. Personally I think a common video clip does much 'worse' but I figured I'd mention it anyway.
    Seffychan likes this.
  5. It brings me good memories. And I love the anime too!
    Seffychan, ShelLuser and SkareCboi like this.
  6. Almost forgot Gundam Wing

and Gundam Seed
    Seffychan and ShelLuser like this.

7. ... and a few others. I would put the Violence Jack themes, but they aren't openings.
    Seffychan likes this.
  8. I like this Anime So Much!
  9. I'm going to assume endings are accepted as well. May add more if I think of them.

Seffychan likes this.
  10. The opening song and main theme to the movie Origin: Spirits of the Past (Gin-iro no kami no Agito) is amazing; I could listen to it on repeat for hours - "Chouwa oto (With Reflection)" by Kokia.

Seffychan likes this.