[Service] Mineral Mining

Discussion in 'Products, Businesses, & Services Archives' started by MrMazeRunner, Apr 5, 2015.

1. I would also like to add a DC of lapis to my order of 1DC of coal. I have paid for the coal and will pay for the lapis once you let me know that you are up to the order :)
  2. Something tells me it will be easier and/or cheaper to just buy these materials on player shops...
    boozle628 and JesusPower2 like this.
  3. You should ask that something if it saw the price list on page one.
    Gawadrolt likes this.
  4. Sweet! I tend to get a lot of redstone so I'll give you whatever I have at the end of mining trips.
  5. I would like to order 10 DCs of Lapis (nice decor block :) ), that would be 17280, tyt in mining them :)
  6. Cool, will add.
    K you might have to wait a bit xD quite busy lol
  7. 10 DC Coal
    32r x 54 x 10 = 17,280r

15 DC Iron Ingot
    128r x 54 x 15 = 103,680r

3 DC Gold Ingot
    512r x 54 x 3 = 82,944r

20 DC Redstone
    32r x 54 x 20 = 34,560r

10 DC Gravel
    16r x 54 x 10 = 8,640r

30 DC Lapis
    32r x 54 x 30 = 51,840r

5 DC Emeralds
    1280r x 54 x 5 = 345,600r

4 DC Diamonds
    6400r x 54 x 4 = 1,328,400r

40 DC Dirt
    Free

Total: 1,972,944r
    JesusPower2 and AmusedStew like this.
  8. Ok......... Lets make this a long term project shall we?
  9. I'd suggest maybe having a max order list? e.g. you take on a max of 5 orders at once, then take on more once it frees up?
    Gawadrolt likes this.
  10. I'm fine with them stacking up... First come first served
  11. Long term project sounds good.

I don't know if you checked my mining crew thread, but that's definitely an option if you get tired of having to cart things back and forth. Many of the rates I pay are higher than you offer in this thread, and the material is bought on the spot so you can just keep mining. Plus I cover all the materials such as food, wood, etc...
    JesusPower2 and Gawadrolt like this.
  12. Mine sounds great, I'll put an application in later because I'm currently on my iPod and the typing on EMC forums is lagged up and it's really hard to type long messages
  13. These prices(all of them) are crazy, thats the reason you are getting so much orders. I'm actually going to liquidate everything I have right now and place an order -_-

EDIT: ALL OF THEM!
  14. Ok lol, prices have gone up a heck load since I was involved in the market. Gimme a price list and I'll edit them xD then I'll pm the ppl who have ordered and see what they still want with the price change. #actlikeagreenie #pastmyday #youtakeover
  15. I'm not looking for a lot
    4 stacks Diamonds (4*6400=25600)
  16. I don't think you can just change the price you already quoted for customers, thats considered stealing in most courts and communities. I can offer advice on prices though, for future customers.
  17. Hey, I can see where this service is headed. You need to start denying orders because with just the ones you already have waiting at the moment that will take you around a year worth of 8 hour days. Trust me you either need to hire people or up your prices, dont let this turn into my old bulk supply it will stress you out. Remember this is a game not a job. -Good luck:)
    Gawadrolt likes this.
  18. In practice, this is actually common. Many contracts specify an allowable rate increase/change, or have clauses to allow one party to back out (and what the penalty would be).

Most courts would recognize if someone agrees to something impractical, and there is a rule to allow people to get out of such contracts. (I'm not a lawyer but I did learn about this in my business law class.) There are also labour laws in most states/provinces which indicate a minimum per hour, and translating the rupees into dollar value would definitely be operating below minimum wage, and thus, not enforceable. I'm not sure on the definition of theft but I'm fairly certain that failing to fulfill a contract is something different under the law compared with material theft. I don't think you could possibly get a criminal conviction over this.

Small claims courts are based largely on 'damages', and in this case it would be hard to argue significant damage to anyone who didn't get their order. Most people wont even put in the time to complain, let alone hire a lawyer or arrange a court date. So, chances are, nothing would be enforceable.

How staff on EMC would deal with this is another matter that I'm not entirely clear on, but my judgement would say that this type of thing happens often and I don't know of anyone who's been banned over not fulfilling orders provided they didn't take rupees upfront and refuse to provide refunds. I generally tend to place the orders and be pleasantly surprised when I actually get the things I requested.
    Gawadrolt likes this.
  19. Yes. The opening could have this thread closed at any time, weather or not he completes any orders. The reason behind this is that he didn't specify a time range of it being done, and he did not receive payment for orders except mine as far as I k ow, in which case he would refund someone's payment and closed thread, voiding any orders. It is up to him though. These dc of diamond orders are no fair in my opinion. On a lucky mining trip, I get 1.5 stacks of diamonds in an hour or 2. I am o. My tablet so I cannot make a longer post. It's up to him and the staff.
    Gawadrolt likes this.
  20. Why do you over think everything XD That said, good points. I honestly thought your order was to test the limits of this service and to see what mrmazerunner would actually take on... which I don't think she understands exactly what that complete order actually entails, monetarily or if it was actually done by mining the minerals lol.

Well, I suppose I just figured that in one way or another SHE(yeah I know the mr thing throws everyone off lol) agreed to the orders so would reasonably be expected to fulfill them. I don't think it takes too much looking to see that these prices are obviously not fair, to the buyers its a steal of course.

TL;DR: I agree.

To mrmazerunner, I think you should rethink this whole bulk buying(not abandon it) and take heed of the similar services that have come before: maximum amounts for orders, maximum orders to take on at one time, prices that don't undercut market... if you are doing weeks worth of mining thats just a horrible idea, to undercut the market, and buying in bulk in and of itself is a commodity so charging even at market is still really nice for bulk buyers, you are providing convenience. Which also, of course, requires knowledge of market price, what is reasonably above below and average, what would be reasonable to pay extra for the convenience, about how long it would take to get say, a dc of diamonds... My guess is about 60+ hours of mining, but of course you collect other things in that time and have to deal with logistics.

What your price right now will end up doing is stocking other peoples mall because they can resell for a profit. Bulk services could be used to stock malls sure but then you are talking about needing teams of people. All the malls(that have survived more than a week) that I'm aware of, have more than one person behind them keeping things running. Which means trying to stock several malls with one person, or even a small team, would be impossible.