Servers rebooting every hour.... ? 10/17/12

Discussion in 'Empire Help & Support' started by iamfuturetrunks, Oct 17, 2012.

1. Okay so whats up with that? I haven't seen any topics on the forums about this yet but the past day or two the servers have been rebooting every hour it seems like. Saying "Nightly Restart" ( guess since I am on really early in the morning that's an understandable message) is there some new problem we weren't told about where they need to be restarted every hour?
    vividOptimism likes this.
  2. I was wandering the same thing. it's really weird and is really throwing me of my rythem when building stuff. any Moderators want to tell us whats happening?
    NINJATTILA likes this.
  3. We've been experiencing some bugs where things get a little hairy. I believe they're supposed to restart every night, or with a few hour intervals (possibly 4-8). Honestly, I am not too sure, but I'll let Aikar know once I can get a hold of him. :)
  4. Sorry about that... when at the airport I turned back on the restarts but reused old commands but forgot to erase some important parts that ended up making it every 1 hr instead of 24 hr lol.

It's now fixed and will reboot around 2-3am EST
    ZBSDKryten likes this.
  5. I kinda figured a restart almost every hour seemed a bit much unless there was something very troubling happening and yet no info on it. It was also strange no one else brought this up. :p
  6. There was this last night. I didn't think it got noticed, but now we're doing reboots again and the thread's closed so someone important must have seen it:
    http://empireminecraft.com/threads/smp7-redstone-bugs.16632/#post-293282