Server Problems, Post Here!

Discussion in 'Empire Help & Support' started by chickeneer, Nov 3, 2014.

1. All of a sudden, I've been getting kicked off constantly for the last week or so with the remote host error. Could this be an issue with my internet? What troubleshooting steps can I take?

Thank you!

The full error is: "Connection Lost. Internal Exception: java.io.IOException: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host."
  2. I'm not entirely sure how all this works and what causes it, but you may find this link helpful: https://www.reddit.com/r/Minecraft/comments/432m1f/fix_for_internal_exception_javaioioexception_an/
    If that doesn't resolve it, the problem may be occurring somewhere else. Hopefully it works for ya!
    TomvanWijnen and MoreMoople like this.
  3. This has happened to me aswell
    FadedMartian likes this.
  4. As I was researching the problem, it seemed it was happening to lots of people across many different Minecraft versions and server connections (including realms) - but not consistently. Some people experienced it much more frequently than others, as well. That's why I'm hoping that fix I linked is a viable one. Trying to replicate the problem and troubleshooting this issue is going to be quite tricky.

I've also experienced this problem on very rare occasion, which also tells me it's not necessarily a consistent issue. That's yet another layer of complexity added to the troubleshooting mess: "did the fix actually work, or did the problem not occur?" Because I'm not having the error consistently, I can't reliably test for a fix to be sure it works.

This fix appeared to work for many others who have tried it, though, so I am hopeful.
    If those who have been experiencing this issue can try that fix, and successfully have their issues resolved, the more certain we can be of a confirmed solution.
  5. followed Otus and now I find out it unfollowed him... Why the memes?
  6. This link in the voting seems to be broken - Minecraft-Server-List.com :oops:
    FadedMartian likes this.
  7. They disabled the automatic username feature. So now you need the normal URL:

https://minecraft-server-list.com/server/240530/vote/

(edit): afaik this was an announced change. But even so, what's still funny is that their CAPTCHA is still misconfigured. Try voting without enabling the captcha and see what happens next :)
    Harp4Christ and luckycordel like this.
  8. I have repaired the 4th voting list link.
  9. Still not working.
  10. The smp8 chat isn't working
    Whenever I send a message of any kind it comes up saying "Cannot send chat message"

11. I don't have a direct explanation but this could be caused by other settings or stuff.

Start by using: /c c, to switch to 'community chat', then try again. This is an assumption of mine, but I think you could be in the wrong channel.
  12. I did some testing, and it looks like you have your chat set to 'commands only' in your client settings. To change it back: go into options in the game menu, then click chat settings, and click the top-left button until it says 'Chat: Shown' - then you should be good to go!

For future reference, the error messages that show up are more descriptive if players are in an empty channel or attempting to send a message to a channel they don't have access to. It's easier for players to fix the problem if the error comes with descriptions, so EMC tries to be more helpful with the errors. For instance: the "No one hears you" warning, or the "only supporters can use this channel" warning, or the "you may only speak in market from town" warning. They're more descriptive so players can more easily solve what's causing the problem ;) *cough*Mojang*cough*
  13. Please let the devs know at https://pmdev.emc.gs/ if it continues to give you issues after you check the client chat settings.
    Thank you.
    MoreMoople and Sazukemono like this.
  14. This is an extremely specific case and I have 0 idea what causes this.

For some reason, if you get to this residence via either /v +promo or /v +promos (I forget which), the res will occasionally prevent you from sending chat messages until you relog. Both Runder and I have had this issue before.
  15. I keep getting that connection timed out thing
    FadedMartian likes this.
  16. The residence that was causing issues on smp8 has been fixed.
    IronicSwordPlay and TomvanWijnen like this.
  17. Weirdest thing. I hang out in a nether fortress sometimes and all morning absolutely nothing is spawning. I run around and around and nothing. Never seen this before. Got any ideas?
    FadedMartian likes this.
  18. What do you have your difficulty set at?
  19. It was on 3 but the setting shouldn't stop spawning, or would it? Changed it to 5 and everything else is on but still nothing. It is so strange, should be full of stuff.