Server Problems, Post Here!

Discussion in 'Empire Help & Support' started by chickeneer, Nov 3, 2014.

1. glad to be of help :)
    We3_Nub and SSRCMegaMall like this.
  2. Can confirm that the issue has been fixed. I was successfully able customize the chat alerts to my liking and after logging back in after logging out (checking to see if it remembers them), the settings stayed.

Thanks for your help Chickeneer.
    We3_Nub likes this.
  3. Earlier I made a comment expressing criticism of the current EMC administration.

I would like to publicly say that even though this was a very big mishap, I'm extraordinary pleased with the response of the staff and their honest helpfulness to set things right. That is what counts because we're all humans and mistakes and "life" happens. It's how you deal with them. The Administration has very quickly responded and worked to make things right and for that I've gained some faith back in the administration. Thank you again EMC staff for working so hard and dilgently to assist us EMC members.
  4. Look, you were upset and I'm pretty sure everyone who has some kind of feeling with the game would understand as much. Heck, I may understand a tiny bit more because I saw how hyped you were last evening; even prepped yourself for doing an allnighter on your project.

And sometimes you need to vent. Plain and simple :)

I'm really happy to hear that, but most of all I'm really anxious to see how you guys fare with the restoration process!
    We3_Nub and SSRCMegaMall like this.
  5. UPDATE from Krysyy regarding rollback issue:
    The rollback was to just around 5:35 pm EMC time, June 6, 2016. The rollback occurred at around 2:25 am. That's 9 hours of play time that rolled back if your area was loaded.
    Even if you do not have evidence, please message us so that we can work with you to make things right. We apologize for this inconvenience and will do everything within our power to fix any issues.

We have logs on our end, so please do not try to abuse this mistake to gain anything if you were not affected. We need to spend our time working with people that truly lost items.
  6. Just so that I'm understanding, these would not only be IF your res or area was loaded but also if changes were made?

If I made absolute no changes to any of my reses between those hours, even if someone was standing on my res then my res should be okay right?

Just trying to gauge if I need to logon and check things out or not.
  7. Correct. If you weren't online and nothing actually changed on your res during the 9 hour period, then there should be nothing to fix =)
    ShelLuser likes this.
  8. If someone was standing on your res, then yes, it probably would've been affected, but since no changes were made during the 9-hour period, the rollback would've fixed any effects, and you should be fine.

That's how I understand it, at least.
    M4ster_M1ner, ShelLuser and Krysyy like this.
  9. Well, this is not so much a server problem but... Minecraft literally JUST updated to 1.10... I can't log on anymore. :'(
  10. just setup a new profile and specify 1.9 instead of "Latest Version"
    ShelLuser and Krysyy like this.
  11. Thanks! I'm on now!
    ShelLuser likes this.
  12. SMP5 tps is tanking. The seems like a fairly regular thing at about this time of "night."

14.89, 16.16, 16.6
  13. It seems zombie virusses stopped working alltogether. When you consume it no effects are given. I figured I'd post here instead of PM'ing because I'm not too sure if this is a bug or something else.
    We3_Nub likes this.
  14. Sometimes when I'm on a res, even my own res, and I step on a pressure plate, it teleports me then proceeds to teleport me right back to the pressure plate. Not sure if this is a bug or a glitch though
  15. I've experienced this too.
  16. Plenty of players experience this from time to time, and quite frankly I think it's lag which causes all this. Sometimes this can be quite bad. Just right now I died in the nether because for reasons totally beyond me the system refused to acknowledge / drink the fire resist potion which I had in my off hand. In my main hand I held my (voters) pickaxe.

The idea is simple: lava, you catch fire, you panic, so all need to remember to hit the right mouse button and keep pressing it. Well, all that did was drink, stop, drink, stop, drink ... and I died.

So yeah, I think there's some serious lag issues going on every once in a while.
    We3_Nub and Wither_Addict like this.
  17. This happened to me this morning. I tried it 3 times before it worked.
  18. A minechat message made it through the chat filter (smp5 6:47 pm EMC)
  19. It started happen a little while back when minechat updated to 1.9 I guess.
  20. Does anyone have a rts teleport sign which reliably gives problems with teleporting? I would like to test something. Of course I can't recreate it.
    Tuqueque likes this.