Server Problems, Post Here!

Discussion in 'Empire Help & Support' started by chickeneer, Nov 3, 2014.

1. Yeah my utopia res is saying I've got 2271 entities -_- I know I only have like 110.
  2. I'm getting a strange error on SMP3. I'm exploring the frontier, an whenever an animal comes into view, it immediately disappears in a puff of smoke. This only started about 2 hours ago -- before that, everything was working fine. It doesn't affect hostile mobs.
    The_Mancub likes this.
  3. Things just went mad at my area lol

4. On Utopia, when I approached one of my animal pens in the Frontier, poof they all fell over and died on the grass.
    This happened in more than one spot, if needed, staff can PM me for coords.
    One of them was near a guardian temple, in case that matters.
    /entc was Not high, so ????
    Please let us know when this bug is fixed, thanks
  5. About the entity bug: as far as I can tell that should be fixed. I don't experience extreme rates and even changes I made were reset. Talking smp2 though.

Well, I can imagine that those turkeys are going to take a looong time to kill now. Aya & me killed plenty and it usually took us around 5 - 7 minutes with an OP sword and a bit longer with voters gear. Considering that your attack speed has dropped severely with 1.9 I don't see such a battle finish quickly.

I'll keep you posted though; there is a super turkey near our Frontier (survival) build and we plan to kill it in hopes of cool stuff (also to use the fight in my fantasy story).
  6. Lately I have been have a problem with items that are available for pick up. If I go near these free items they do not go into my inventory as normal. Once I quit and relogged and then they went into the inventory but that does not always work. This glitch needs fixing.
    cadgamer101 likes this.
  7. it might be including mobs that are underground or friendly mobs running around.
  8. I noticed something odd which might be related to the inability to feed animals: when you got an item in your hand you can no longer perform certain (normal) actions.

While holding my pickaxe I cannot open chests, while holding wheat I can no longer open a fence gate (it immediately closes), and so on. It only works when you don't got anything in your hands, which can be annoying.

So I think there's still something weird going on here.

Edit: you can push buttons and use feature signs (like teleport and such).
  9. When did this happen? The /entc shouldn't matter as we have had the auto-kill off for months.

What he was mentioning, is no longer an issue.
    Tuqueque likes this.
  10. The not being able to feed animals was directly linked to the /entc being broken (you are not allowed to breed if entity limiter is full).
    I am not experiencing any of the issues you are describing (with my alt). Any extra info?
    Tuqueque likes this.
  11. Happened on 3544, which is my own residence, so definitely not a permission issue. However, might have been just a a glitch. I just relogged for a second time and now everything is working normally again, I'm also not able to reproduce this issue so far.
  12. Weird. Definitely could be a desync issue. Using 1.9 clients will definitely be optimal (no idea if there are bugs with using 1.10)
    Tuqueque and ShelLuser like this.
  13. 11:02 AM emc /time Utopia Frontier
    11:07 AM emc /time Utopia Frontier

As I was taking a minecart straight toward one of my underground sheep pens, I saw them all fall over and die at the same time and their white death? particles float off.
    This repeated for like ?5 of the 16 pens, I screenshotted two, PM me if you want coords.
    Some of the pens were fine, did not die, so ?

Thanks
    ShelLuser likes this.
  14. animals being removed during the ent count bug outside of town is more likely. there are some removal things for outside of town out there.

cant really guarantee the conditions though, as ent limiter def has had its bugs lately (We are trying to get it 'stable' and bug free, as its had some bugs we just didnt even know about for years that affected its counting ability)

item pickup issue def sounds like client got desynced from server.
    ShelLuser likes this.
  15. There's a small bug with message feature signs. When you use %colorplayer it'll correctly show the name of the player using their tag/status color (blue for diamond, yellow for gold, etc.) but the color doesn't reset. So the rest of the message is displayed in the same color:

Pretty sure you guys got bigger bugs to squash, so I figured I'd better post here instead of PM'ing. Esp. since this is only a cosmetic issue.
  16. There's a bug in the 1.10.1 client that causes a crash with the following info in the crash report.

Description: Server forgot to send required information to construct BlockEntity

java.lang.RuntimeException: Missing BlockEntity

The workaround is to run the 1.10 or 1.9.4 game client when connecting to emc. The issue is already logged with Mojang.

https://bugs.mojang.com/browse/MC-103978
    ShelLuser likes this.
  17. I would personally recommend you downgrade to a 1.9 client (since that is the version the server is running). We have a plugin that gives extra 1.10 client connecting, but ultimately I recommend the appropriate client version.
    We will find out if an update to the plugin would resolve the problem :)
    Tuqueque, jkjkjk182 and ShelLuser like this.
  18. Found a small issue with the cpset feature used to easily customize residential permissions using the chest GUI.
    So according to this pic, the Usage command is setup incorrectly or the way we have to execute the command to get it to successfully working is in error.
    https://i.imgur.com/zY1YbRm.png

You can also see I tested it on smp4, so I would assume it's the same for the rest of the servers.
    https://i.imgur.com/7Tna2Mg.png

If someone beat me to it - I apologize for making another post about it. ;)
  19. I crash when i look at a certain area on my 2nd res....
  20. What version of Minecraft are you using? I recommend 1.9
    Tuqueque likes this.