Server Problems, Post Here!

Discussion in 'Empire Help & Support' started by chickeneer, Nov 3, 2014.

1. So... is anyone going to look into the voting issue? I voted on servers 2 to 9... Can prove it; the sites state i already voted but no rupees or going to the next level..
  2. aaah, but it seemed up when i voted..
  3. May want to clean up the 'grumpy cat' stuff on previous page :p
    jkjkjk182 likes this.
  4. ur funny. cuz that means RELOG.
  5. Disclaimer: I'm not entirely clear minded right now ;)

So.. the wastelands are being reset and we (Aya and me) got bored. One thing led to another, we went a bit crazy, I mentioned how I once dropped a beacon on a new player and eventually: "I can surprise a new player better than you!". I'll spare you the details but we sorta "baited" new players on the default server to be the first to get to their residence and hand them a beacon.

Disclaimer2: All within reason. We're not stalking, we're not pushing nor bothering new players but we were being silly and had a lot of fun.

So... we were in the smp2 tutorial when Aya suddenly went "it's smp8 now!", and so we moved. Then, no more than 2 minutes later: "smp3!". And so on. It seems as if the default server is currently changing every 2 or so minutes.

Is this by design? I mean, I thought it used to cycle every 10 or 20 minutes or so, but this is getting a bit hard to keep track off ;)

Anyway, it's not a server problem perse, but I figured I'd still better mention it in case we did stumble across a bug (how many people keep track of this? Yeah, us right now) :p
  6. I can remember something in the past that the have optimized the way new players get spread over the servers.

Otherwise, the implemented that to keep you busy :p
  7. Most of my residence locations are somehow now off by .5 blocks to one block. I don't have OCD, but this issue is going to force me to buy diamond supporter so I can fix the locations.

EDIT: I was informed that even if you try to fix the locations, the issue(s) will still exist.

Here are some before and after screenshots. The issue is bothering me so greatly that I am not going to use a spoiler.

ShelLuser likes this.
  8. Whose diamond block head is that, and how much can I buy it for? :)
  9. It's EfficiencyV's head. You can buy it at his residence on SMP1. :)
  10. My third time today losing EMC in Minecraft (everything freezes and then disconnected), and second time having trouble getting onto EMC website too. Odd. Just letting you all know.
  11. when this happens next, please have this software ready to use: http://winmtr.net/

put in play.emc.gs and run the report, screenshot the window and send it to me by pm.

sounds like losing network connection, as i just see a read timeout for you.
    ShelLuser and khixan like this.
  12. One challenge - is there a Mac version of it please?
  13. I've been having the same issue as Khixan, as well as troubling loading the website.
  14. When I try to login it says EMC has closed or something like this
  15. Connection Lost
    [Proxy] Lost connection to server.

Only error I see when I scan logs (no crash report) -
    [18:20:48] [Client thread/ERROR]: Item entity 5479695 has no item?!

I'm on a Mac using Optifine and HDFlows texture pack and that's it. I don't even have forge. Not sure that is helpful or not. Thank you!
  16. It happend tonight too, things froze /tps did not worked anymore and at the end a proxy error.
  17. I just got this error. cannot login. it's complete new one for me.

I now get auth servers down too, strange day for maintance.
  18. The login and sessions are down and have been for a little while now, you can check further updates here;
    http://xpaw.ru/mcstatus/
    rsdwiorker and Penguinub like this.
  19. same, anyone know whats up?
    EDIT: ninja'd
  20. It's a small issue but even so: I started to notice that the "Welcome xxx to the Empire" messages do not show up whe you're in the wastelands (as a supporter, but I suppose also in general). I do have chat status messages turned off, but if I am in town I do get to see the blue "warm welcome" messages. Stuff like this:

Code:
    [21:16:01] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] xxx has completed the tutorial and joined the Empire!
    [21:16:01] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] Please give xxx a warm welcome!

SO I wonder if this could be a bug?