Server Problems? Post Here!

Discussion in 'Empire Help & Support' started by JackBiggin, Feb 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. the site uses whats called a "Slave Database", essentially its a full copy of the games master database.

This is so that the site queries can never slow down the masters performance.

However the site is hosted in a completely different datacenter than the games master db, so when network issues happen, the slave does not update from the master, causing the delay in rupee/token logs.

The reality is that its not really needed - as the site only accesses log tables which would never block the game servers in any important way, so the full copy is unneeded.

We will be migrating empireminecraft.com soon as we can to the new web server, which will then have direct access to the master and there will then no longer be any desynchronization and rupee logs would be instant.

We might still have a slave - but it would be purely for redundancy purposes.
  2. o.o waaaat
  3. I just crashed...anyone else? Can't get back on D:
  4. same thing happened here
  5. same, "can't connect to server" :(
  6. there were a few lag spikes just before it went down.
  7. :( happened to me to
  8. Indeed. :(
  9. I was able to reconnect
  10. Failed to connect to the server
    java.net.ConnectException: Connection timed out: no further information:

Hope they fix it soon D:

[EDIT] Just saw the post saying it's fixed now only after typing mine up... ignore this post. xD
  11. I am reconnected as well.
  12. What happened?
  13. Aikar: Hm...I want to join EMC...here we go....oops, clicked end server instead of join server :3
    Mr_Zulus likes this.
  14. oh I thought it only happened to me
  15. Well to be fair, he was probably thinking "I want to join the end server on my end" when he clicked it by mistake, if that were the case xD
  16. Why isn't the map for smp5 syncing? It says "preparing to shutdown"
  17. Hmm...cannot connect to /smp1. as soon as i log in, it sends me to smp3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.