Really Mojang?! Really?!

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Twitch1, Feb 25, 2014.

1. I can do some digging around and try to find it, I don't remember exactly where since I've been running them for a few months now. Let me know if just disabling modloader works first though before I start digging around for the links.
  2. Yes, but Terraria is a game. Minecraft is more of a simulation of sorts. Bosses don't really belong in Minecraft, as proven by how Marlixes (Marlixs?) and Enraged Creepers (is that even what they're called? :p) used to be.
  3. Uh...what? They are both sandbox games where you build things, kill monsters, make armor, mine ores, biomes, etc. and try to survive. There are things I like about both games, but sometimes Terraria wins over minecraft because there are bosses and actual things to do, not log in, smack a tree, build something and then have nothing to really do.
  4. What I mean is this:
    Minecraft:
    • Good for school projects
    • Developer-friendly *atleast, it was, before 1.6*
    • Better suited for architect people
    Terraria:

• Bosses
    • Fun combat
    • More things to do
    • More suited towards gamers, as in, there's bosses, levelling up, building a town and more RPG elements. Minecraft is just trade with a few villagers who won't rip you off and then burn down the village, or kill the NPCs, because they're stupid and Pigmen are better.
    Don't Starve, IMO wins over both Minecraft and Terraria. It's more of a survivalish experience :p
    xxcapmanxx likes this.
  5. Cons
    More time for mods and possibly servers to update

PROS
    BETTER SKINS PEOPLE, THAT IS WHAT I HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR
    PandasEatRamen likes this.
  6. Hmm, a lack of bosses? ender dragon? The wither?
    What are they? My left foot?
  7. Minecraft Bosses: 2
    Terraria: 20 and even some event bosses and special Xbox360 bosses.
  8. minecraft: 3d building oriented game with survival elements
    terraria: 2d adventure game with mild building elements.
  9. Finally got Rei's and Optifine running on 1.7.2 ...
    Now to figure out this Forge and Inventory Tweaks Technic fork working.... IF I do, I'll write up a tutorial with links.... Tomorrow, after I do my homework.
  10. Forge, you just have to download the installer and run it like you would a craftbukkit server (with the run file) ...and it should prompt you to install... then it should put a forge folder in your versions folder... and that's it.
    Twitch1 likes this.
  11. That part was simpler than getting the Forge Inventory Tweaks fork on the Technical repository... It is a jar but doesn't function in ~/mods or Magic Launcher.
    May take the source code and compile it myself with all 4 mods as a self install jar.
    I'm so angry with Mojang! I went from Mod expert to monkey screwing a football retarded....
    britbrit3197 and PandasEatRamen like this.
  12. That description oddly makes me picture markus doing just that.
  13. It's a small update so I doubt mods/servers/MCP will take long to update.
  14. *points to krysyy* But we already have an official red dragon.
    princebee likes this.
  15. Nooooo! I don't even care about the new skins :/
    Twitch1 likes this.