Read me a Book and Win 250k +

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by poofasaurus, Jul 24, 2015.

?

What is your favorite book genre?

Fantasy 40 vote(s) 50.6%
Mystery 10 vote(s) 12.7%
Non-Fiction 11 vote(s) 13.9%
Biography 2 vote(s) 2.5%
Historical Fiction 8 vote(s) 10.1%
Realistic Fiction 8 vote(s) 10.1%
  1. Proof, I asked for hop on pop in a pm, along with a few others. DM, it's yours if you want it.
    poofasaurus likes this.
  2. For recording, I use Audacity. It's free.
    poofasaurus likes this.
  3. you can take it :) i'm going to try to get to the library today - taking a list of un crossed off books and getting what I can
    poofasaurus likes this.
  4. I'll record that one last, if you find it, get it!
    poofasaurus likes this.
  5. Did not grab that one..

I did get if you give a pig a pancake and if you give a dog a donut though. As long as they are not taken I will read those. only issue is I have a sore throat and a nasty cold right now and my voice is unpleasant lol. I will hopefully have a better voice tomorrow to record...
    poofasaurus likes this.
  6. Oh no.. I did the pig and pancakes this morning!
    poofasaurus likes this.
  7. Lol you guys are amazing :) I actually have 2 If you Give a Pig a Pancake books, so if you both record it, then I can put 1 CD with each book :) Then kids won't argue over it, either :D
    607 and DWmom like this.
  8. Ok, finished Hop On Pop, More Spaghetti, I say!, and If You Give A Pig A Pancake. Going to do Rhinos Who Snowboard later tonight, but right now, BBQ beckons me.
    poofasaurus likes this.
  9. No problem :D as soon as I dont sound like I am underwater when I speak I will record the pig pancake and dog donut books :D
    607 and poofasaurus like this.
  10. If it's not too late could I have "How do dinosaurs say good night?" :) Kind of lost track of the date!

EDIT: Also Ten Timid Ghosts please :3
  11. So how many did we get in there in the last couple days?
    607 likes this.
  12. Well, I had 5 people total participate and there were 15 entries total. I have to listen to the last few files that I've received as I've been working 12 - 14 hour days for over a week and haven't had time to listen :p Will let you know within the next couple of days who our winners are! Thank you, THANK YOU to everyone who participated!!!
    607, thistle_bristled and AnonReturns like this.
  13. Did my Hop On Pop finally come through?
  14. Yes it did, with the cute little rhyme!
  15. Excellent. I was definitely thinking in a Seussical manner after that one.
    thistle_bristled, poofasaurus and 607 like this.
  16. Alright my friends! I kept track of everyone's entries in the order I received them and assigned them their corresponding number. After throwing them in a random number generator, the results are as follows!

*Drumroll*

1. Thistle_Bristled
    2. Thistle_Bristled
    3. DWmom
    4. AnonReturns

Congrats winners! I will be mailing/paying your prizes momentarily.

Thank you SO MUCH to the 5 of you that read books for me!!! I am in the process of finishing putting them all on CDs where they will be added to my listening center area. I promise to take a picture of it when they are all done and share :) You will be making a bunch of students very surprised and happy next week! I could not thank you enough!
    607, DWmom, AnonReturns and 1 other person like this.
  17. Awesome! Congrats, everyone who won, and thanks, everyone who read stuffs.
    poofasaurus, 607 and AnonReturns like this.
  18. Yay! In all honesty it was fun reading the books once I found a way to get a copy of them... It's not often I really read anything like them :3 Glad we could help!
    poofasaurus, 607 and FDNY21 like this.
  19. o3o.. I just learned about this.. My boyfriend is an amateur voice actor and would love doing this but its now like 3 days past what you wanted.. Interesting side fact, when Laura Numeroff sat down to write If you give a mouse a cookie, it was written nearly overnight but the sequel, "Moose/Muffin" took a number of months to complete.. xD
    607, poofasaurus and AnonReturns like this.
  20. EDIT: Just noticed the winners were already picked. I'm still making my cousin narrate Dr. Seuss in a Morgan Freeman voice. Because why not.