Read me a Book and Win 250k +

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by poofasaurus, Jul 24, 2015.

?

What is your favorite book genre?

Fantasy 40 vote(s) 50.6%
Mystery 10 vote(s) 12.7%
Non-Fiction 11 vote(s) 13.9%
Biography 2 vote(s) 2.5%
Historical Fiction 8 vote(s) 10.1%
Realistic Fiction 8 vote(s) 10.1%
  1. ok well then save me something good
  2. So, love the idea. Quick question... if we do not have access to some of the books... What is the best way to read what is in them? I say this as the titles with the word 'purple' in it, beckons me :rolleyes:.
    607 and poofasaurus like this.
  3. i bet you could find a copy of it online
  4. Some you can find online. Others at the library. I still have books to sort through and I know there are some other popular ones in there so next week, after going into work, I will have more :D I figured I would just post all of them that I need read just in case, but I certainly don't expect them all to be picked up, haha. That's a lot of books! :)
  5. Poof, this makes me so incredibly happy. It just shows how much you care about the education of your kids. Thank you for being the kind of teacher I wish all schools had. Your compassion and caring is something magnificent.
    PineappleGem, 607, kaptrix and 2 others like this.
  6. Hey, avid reader here also an avid talker. I'm an actual radio/tv broadcaster. The contest sounds fun but I'd be willing to help outside the scope of the contest. I also have a decent library of childhood classics. Hit me up!
    607, poofasaurus and krysyyjane9191 like this.
  7. If i was able to read good enough i would totally do this but i am a terrible reader
    poofasaurus likes this.
  8. I can do one or two after the sickness goes away. I love the idea. I don't think you want 'If you give a mouse a cookie, he's going to ask for a glass *sniffle* of milk' =P
  9. Thank you poofs :3 What an amazing idea!
    georgeashington and poofasaurus like this.
  10. Thank you guys :) Everyone has been so supportive of this and it helps me out tremendously! I have added more books to the list. I realize some of them are trickier to find, but many of the new ones are published by Scholastic, which should make it a bit easier.
    thistle_bristled likes this.
  11. I just started less than a week ago, so I don't have much. But this is such an awesome cause, I donated 2000 R. Good luck!
    poofasaurus likes this.
  12. Thank you, thank you :) You are still the only one to officially enter :D
    thistle_bristled likes this.
  13. these
    poofasaurus likes this.
  14. This is awesome!!! I wish I had a teacher that cared as much as you do, way back when, when I was in school. I would love to help. I will have to find some recording program first. But can I reserve SkippyJon jones, and how do dinosaurs say goodnight? Might I also suggest, train vs. Shark? (I believe that was the title) I worked in a library for 10 years, so I have a few personal favorites I could recommend if you ever run out lol :p (though I forsee that being unlikely )
    poofasaurus likes this.
  15. Thanks! I don't actually have that book, but I can look for it next time I'm at a big sale :) I will mark those 2 books off for you.
  16. Jackbiggin! Learn me a book!
    poofasaurus likes this.
  17. I'm sorry T_T it doesn't look like I will be able to do it after all. I hope you get more to help you out in this though.
  18. Awww, that's alright Kytula. Thank you!
    607 likes this.