Read me a Book and Win 250k +

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by poofasaurus, Jul 24, 2015.

?

What is your favorite book genre?

Fantasy 40 vote(s) 50.6%
Mystery 10 vote(s) 12.7%
Non-Fiction 11 vote(s) 13.9%
Biography 2 vote(s) 2.5%
Historical Fiction 8 vote(s) 10.1%
Realistic Fiction 8 vote(s) 10.1%
  1. But you could have someone else read one, hellokittyro, that does meet the criteria :)
  2. Great! :) You two, and every single other person who has commented in this thread! :) I'm 16, so apparently can't participate.
    I am wondering, though, why do you not accept parent's permission?
  3. It is just a hassle to get it in writing with signatures and what not. It just wouldn't be appropriate to be contacting all sorts of parents of EMCers :)
    607 likes this.
  4. Ah, okay, I understand :)
  5. Bump! Only 9 days to go!
  6. If only it were February :(
  7. :c I would love to help with this, but I'm heading back to college tomorrow, and I'm not going to have very much free time. If only I'd seen this earlier. This is a great idea, though!
  8. I'll be sure to make a trip down to my library and see if they have any of these books, money is being saved for uni, but if I can get hold of some I'll be sure to participate before the first!
    poofasaurus likes this.
  9. Poof - I will read Are you my mother - I am looking for more books as well.

Also is that list the only books you have for your classroom?? I would love to donate some to your class...PM me and we can discuss it :)

EDIT - heading to library with the kiddos to get some more books from your list :)
    poofasaurus and 607 like this.
  10. Perhaps you could list out the +donations you've received in hopes of tempting a few fence-sitters to submit before the deadline?
    poofasaurus likes this.
  11. Just a reminder, after today, there are 6 days left in order to submit a book! If you promised to read me one, I have crossed it off the list to reserve it for you. Of the 13 crossed off, I have received 6. If you are unable to read me a book before the first, let me know and I will free up that book for someone else who may want it. Thank you and happy reading!
    607 likes this.
  12. We're getting down to the wire here, people. If you meant to submit, now's the time.
  13. Bumping with a book. This piggy really wants to be read!
    PineappleGem and 607 like this.
  14. Too adorable.
    Cannot resist giving pancake.

...What have I done...
    poofasaurus likes this.
  15. If you go get the transcript of the book online, you would see what the pig requires in order to eat his pancake. While you're reading it, you may as well read it out loud and press record :D
    607 likes this.
  16. Hint hint nudge nudge. I'll look for it tomorrow. I have that list of others to read, as well. Even if I can't make the whole thing by this weekend, I'll get them done after the contest.
    poofasaurus likes this.
  17. Monday is the 31st. If you got the books and meant to do it, you only have this weekend. Get on it!
    poofasaurus likes this.
  18. Poof - Are you my mother isn't crossed off - did the other person back out? (Also do you know what program is good to record readings on? lol)
    poofasaurus likes this.
  19. Oh really? That's so odd, it's crossed off on mine lol! I may ask someone about that because that is a bit frustrating haha. I have a good friend doing Are You My Mother, so I know that of all the books will get done hehe ^.^. There is another Dr Seuss book on the list, Hop on Pop, if you like to read that one. I actually use that book early on for a lesson :)

As far as recording, hmm, I have audible, but anything is good for recording I think. I'm not sure what's on a MAC, but any program will do. I can alter them to increse pauses or make things quieter/louder when I add page turn noises :)
    cdjs1987 and DWmom like this.
  20. I have hop on pop but must have put it someplace safe so I wouldn't lose it. lol can't find it! I have to try to get to the library still >.<