PVP

Discussion in 'General Minecraft Discussion' started by Makrom1, Jan 27, 2012.

?

Do you think it´s a good idea?

Yes 12 vote(s) 19.4%
No 50 vote(s) 80.6%
  1. Thank I just completely forgot an didn't know you had to be on the Forum menu to post one. Thanks mate!
    MR2R2M likes this.
  2. Not always green, its colour is dependant on the colour scheme you are using :p

*Edit* I beat you to the response :p woot woot :p
  3. Yea, mine is purple OH YEA! By the way check out my new thread under "miscellaneous" it is this hilarious Minecraft parody by Mega64 at Minecon, oh my god I promise it will be one of the funniest things you have ever seen!
    Mrsmiley99 and MR2R2M like this.
  4. PvP is meh...Sure that thrill of the wild being more dangerous can be appealing to some...But the reality of it, MOST of the time, it will be someone in full diamond armor and gear assaulting a lesser foe. "Fair play" would be few and far between. There would be more "useless" reports to admins to punish the victor in a fight. Was it fair? How are they to know? More rules would have to be created, such as "If you have full diamond you can't attack someone without it". It would be a hassle.

Am I saying I disagree with PvP in it's entirety? No. PvP means Player versus Player. Mini games have been created to sate most of our desire for competition. Spleef. I've even heard of "jousting" recently, in which one player tries to push the other player off a beam. Numerous other games can and will be created, all of which are "PvP", technically. I actually have one that I'm working on, hopefully it will take off.

But I can also agree that sometimes we might just want to beat each other up. To satisfy this blood lust, I suggest an arena. Barbaric? Sure. Fair? 99% of the time...Of course, that's just my suggestion. But as I've seen now, "Never". Nuff said...I never say never, but meeeeeh...An arena would be sweet...Don't care who you are. And not just a mindless area in which to beat the tar out of all in sight...Think gladiator arena. Two players pitted against each other for all to see. And if the crowd likes you, they throw you roses, or other things of monetary value. Or even perhaps things to provide an edge against your opposition? Bets could be placed, yadda yadda...You get my drift. Gladiator arena.
    Makrom1 likes this.
  5. Wats the park?
  6. And i luv Ur idea
  7. NO PvP!!!
    Hate pvp!
    It sucks!!!
  8. I think that EMC should remain a non-PvP server but in one of the larger 4 plots (found surrounding town spawn on the live map) should turn into an arena that way if players want to fight they can store all there items then go to the arena for some fun! That way it's your own fault if you lose your items for not storing them first! By the way it mayaswel be done only one of the larger plots have been used as a shop why not use another as an area a or something they are just sitting there anyway, make use of them!
  9. This way there would be no more arguing about not having PvP and having PvP!
  10. It's not a black and white issue. It wouldn't have to be turned on everywhere. Comprimise could have it active outside of 30k in any given direction. That would be "empire" like (The boundaries of authoritarian power VS autonomous zones). It could also just be a separate world or server.

At the end of the day, I know that the reason it's unlikely is that administration of something like that leaves staff endlessly moderating arguments and aggression.

But just because I agreed not to PVP on Empire doesn't mean that it's not fun between consenting mature players..

:: PS :: I'm not pushing for PVP, just discussing.
  11. The only challenge is spleef.

WRONG.

parkour tower
  12. Whazzat?
  13. And jousting and capture the flag amongst others
  14. You dont know?
  15. I am sadly ignorant on this... where do I find it?
  16. Yeah what is it?
  17. i like the idea of an arena where people get together in theyre diamond armor and all in a control area
    your weapons?
    lava buckets, flint and steel, swords
    the last man standing wins, in a controlled environment i think this would be incredibly fun and a unique addition
  18. The parkour tower is at 8588 smp4
  19. I think you can make a pvp arena world seperately from wilderness,nether and town