PvP & Misc Updates - 4/14/15

Discussion in 'Empire Updates' started by Aikar, Apr 14, 2015.

1. Yay! :) Death to Tingle! :D
  2. Finch_rocks_1 asked me to add this for her. since her internet wont alow her to post it.

3. Totally agreed!!!!! :D
  4. yes yes so yes. make t chat inaccessible while at pvp arena. so many trolls think its funny.

and/or mob arena for that matter!
  5. Did a good bit of work on 1.8 progress tonight, ill try to do a round 2 on these items left from this update tomorrow.
    Byeforeverthe2nd, Pab10S, 607 and 7 others like this.
  6. Wait a second does that mean 1.8 is drawing near? Oh and keep up the good work Aikar! =D
  7. Considering he's further along than he was this time 48 hours ago, I would say yes. :)

Now, where in the world "near" is is still a mystery...at least to us :p

EDIT: By the way Aikar, been meaning to ask. Is the Momentus AI based off the Giant minion or was it developed using a unique AI?
    607 and jkjkjk182 like this.
  8. Giants really dont have any AI in < 1.8 (maybe not even in 1.8), I had to add special logic to them. I have an entire custom mob system I designed.

Stuff like Draw In, guardian summoning etc are custom coded. And mob properties are custom added to using positions and modifiers.

And I haven't forgotten about the tweaks to this, I just spent a lot of time on 1.8 this weekend.
  9. Great to hear :)
    Byeforeverthe2nd and jkjkjk182 like this.
  10. I think i found a problem with one of the pvp signs.
  11. Did you fix it where you can't kill your self in the pvp arena ?
  12. why would one go and kill them self in a PVP arena? why not just jump off the waste tower, :p
    jkjkjk182 likes this.
  13. Thank you Aikar. We really appreciate making things better for us. You rock!
    Byeforeverthe2nd likes this.
  14. Thank you for informing us, Akair! We can definitely say you have been working hard on getting EMC ready for 1.8! Keep up the good work; the wait is coming to an end!!:)
  15. cause shooting ones self with an arrow is more fun.