PSA: Yahoo Hacked in 2014

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Aikar, Sep 22, 2016.

1. This is what I picture:

user: "My email is <x>, have I been hacked? Do I need to change my password??"
    random "security" website: "um....noooooo. You're goooood. Leave that password just as it is." {evil laugh}
    Dufne, Guill and TomvanWijnen like this.
  2. Aikar, I didnt know where to ask this... so ima ask it here.
    1. Will the end islands/end city/ the end in general ever get reset?
    2. When will the server update to 1.11? When will we get the 1.10 blocks?

Thanks!!
    ANubIsWe3 likes this.
  3. There is not really a place to ask where/when updates will occur. However, you can almost guarantee that the frontier will not be reset under any (preventable) circumstances. Furthermore, there is no set time for when the server will update to 1.11. Going forward, lets please keep comments relative to the OP topic, thanks so much.
    ANubIsWe3 likes this.
  4. K, thanks toade!
    607 and ANubIsWe3 like this.
  5. I use yahoo but I don't know how to change it
  6. I totally agree, although I don't have a Yahoo account, so I'm good :p
  7. You do realize that the passwords are said to be stored in an encrypted form, or rather a hashed + salted form. Though that doesn't mean they are save it's probably pretty safe to say that most of the passwords on there will not be uncovered because it takes a lot of computation power to crack hashed passwords. So, it's probably not that big of a deal, and I doubt a state-actor (read: espionage level stuff) will care about hacking minecraft accounts, more like government officials login credentials and such.

But, people can apparently buy the dump, and if you use a weak password it shouldn't be that hard to crack. It's probably safest to just change your password.

PS, anyone who uses Flickr probably is forced into having a Yahoo account, I can't think of any other reason why I'd have one :p
    607 likes this.