Project Insight

Discussion in 'Share Your EMC Creations' started by BurgerKnight, May 7, 2017.

?

Who is your favorite original Avenger?

Captain America 8 vote(s) 28.6%
Iron Man 11 vote(s) 39.3%
Black Widow 3 vote(s) 10.7%
Hawkeye 4 vote(s) 14.3%
Thor 1 vote(s) 3.6%
Hulk 1 vote(s) 3.6%
  1. As anyone who has spent time on SMP8 while I was on for the past 2 months or so knows, since I was not able to shut up about it, my good friend Sachrock and I have been working on a special project. We were slightly disappointed with the lack of an iconic SMP8 Town spawn build. One day we decided that instead of just complaining about it, we should do something instead. So we plotted. We spent 3 months planning the details of this great project, and another 2 building it.

It is with enormous pleasure that I announce that tonight, this project was completed. Ladies, gentlemen, and Arctic foxes, I present to you:

If this looks familiar in both name and build, that's because it is. This is the helicarrier from one of our (Sachrock and myself) favorite movies, Captain America: Winter Soldier.

This massive build spans 16 reses, 3 reses wide and 6 reses long, with the front 2 reses not in use in the build. Because of how many reses this needed, we had to aquire a lot of reses for this. And whether or not the previous owner of the res was paid for and moved or not, I believe all of them deserve a "Thank you" for giving up their spots for our dream. These people are:

NathanRP

Dufne (x2)

Alaenia

RainbowPony

MegsMinecraft (x3)

Also deserving a massive shoutout is Luckygreenbird, who allowed us the usage of the airspace above multiple reses, and donated 3 DCs of sea lanterns that we desperately needed. I'd also like to thank Rundercaster and PeculiarPotato for the bit of help they provided in building.

I'd also like to thank HxCami10, MegsMinecraft, FadedMartian, and AdinD for selling us a huge amount of stone at a very reasonable price, and MegsMinecraft again for selling us a huge amount of gray wool. This could not have been possible without your appreciated business.

If you'd like to view this build, it can be found just north of spawn up in the sky, or more directly on res 16013.

If you have any question to ask or compliment to give to inflate Sachrock and my's already massive egos, you are free to do so. Thank you, and have a MARVELous day.

2. *cough* put elytra, do /v +up, fly. *cough* That is some planning! Lol
    BurgerKnight likes this.
  3. Very noice
    BurgerKnight likes this.
  4. Now the real question, who did the murdering on THIS ship? ;)
  5. We shall see *wink* *wink*
    K_Kick and Doorfne like this.
  6. This is my favourite build on EMC, and I really enjoyed help build it. It was great to see our vision come to life :)
    Lady_Eliza, SirTah, K_Kick and 3 others like this.
  7. I don't know the movie this was based on, but I am quite impressed!
    Even though I didn't really get what this was supposed to all be, I still spent a good bit of time exploring.
    It's quite dark on the deck of the ship, though, as the light gets blocked by the 'thing' above.
    BurgerKnight and Sachrock like this.
  8. So pretty much is a navy carrier that flies. A navy carrier is a war ship that holds a bunch of planes. Its called a "helicarrier"
    BurgerKnight and 607 like this.
  9. WOW!!

!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    BurgerKnight and Sachrock like this.
  10. *cough*
    TuqDufRhySmp8 and BurgerKnight like this.
  11. Fine, I'll add you in.
    607 likes this.
  12. ... wow.

This is like really cool. Gotta show my son.

I do feel sorry for those that still have their reses underneath though... for the moment when it gets to the part that the carrier comes crashing down and crushes everything below...
    607, Sachrock, K_Kick and 2 others like this.
  13. ... Hawk eye and Black Widow weren't original avengers. Instead AntMan (Hank Pym), And Wasp (Janet Van Dyne) were. So my favorite original avenger is Ant Man ( now Ultron)

Also awesome build. Super excited to see it finished :D
    BurgerKnight likes this.
  14. Fantastic! Hail Hydra!!!
    BurgerKnight likes this.
  15. I meant on Earth-199999, as it's the only Earth containing an example of Project Insight. I can't just cross worlds here, that'd break continuity.
  16. No budgies?
    Laaaaaaaaaaaaame
  17. Whoa! Totally amazing. You guys need to make a bunch of spaceships to create the 'EMC fleet' :p
    BurgerKnight likes this.
  18. SMP8 will try to revolt once again with this fleet =P #independencewillcome!
    K_Kick, 607 and BurgerKnight like this.
  19. Insight to next year's April fools event?
    BurgerKnight likes this.
  20. so how exactly do i get inside of it? >.>...