Problem with pistons not being able to break shulker boxes

Discussion in 'Empire Help & Support' started by KandK22, Apr 12, 2020.

1. I was doing some testing on EMC and couldn't seem to get a piston to break a shulker box. So I went to a creative world to see if this was a minecraft mechanic. In doing so I discovered that there a piston could break a shulker box. That raises a question from me of, is this a bug in EMC or is there a reason that we are unable to break shulker boxes with pistons?
    Nickblockmaster, 607 and KatydidBuild like this.
  2. I did some testing of my own on a creative world and I noticed that a shulker box is dropped as an item when pushed by a piston.

This leads me to believe that this is intentional in order to prevent circumventing protective measures in place, such as build flags and lock signs.
    Nickblockmaster, 607 and BenMA like this.
  3. Yeah, it was probably an intentional measure! It doesn't seem to be in the "Changes from Vanilla Minecraft" list, but I imagine that this was done to prevent stealing, particularly in the Frontier, where Shulker Boxes can be protected, but other players can still place their own blocks and use redstone on them.
    Nickblockmaster likes this.
  4. For non-redstonig staff: Shulker boxes not being able to be broken by pistons is detremental for a lot of redstone contraptions, and, in my oppinion, causes a lot more problems than it solves. Especially shulkers placed by dispensers should be able to be broken by a piston, in order to make automatic shulker box unloading and loading systems, which I am using quite often, and am planning to use a whole lot more now we can vault shulkers. For shulker boxes placed by a player, there are less issues with them being unbreakeble.
  5. I was thinking the same thing we unloading and loading of shulker boxes. If they are worried about stealing could they just implement this change into the frontier or waste and have town be able to break them since no player can access this without you allowing them too?
    Nickblockmaster likes this.
  6. Actually, this is a bug. Relates to our system that stores custom names/lore of blocks when placed/destroyed.
    Since we updated, shulker boxes have been triggering that code even when they don't have custom names/lore. Just hadn't had time to fix it yet :)
    Will put it a bit higher on my list.
  7. Dun dun dun!!!
    Nickblockmaster and 607 like this.
  8. Indeed! :p So that's why it's not in the list of changes from vanilla. :D