potential new senior staff service?

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by bitemenow15, Dec 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. i thought witch farms didn't work?
  2. Good point Spy
    New ones work, but a lot of them broke along with Wither Skeleton farms a while back. Mine and a bunch of others broke when we updated to 1.6 and I guess there was a problem with 1.7.

I would expect Senior Staff to offer to fix broken Witch and Wither Skeleton farms before conditioning new ones was offered as a service. Free. There was talk of fixing them earlier this year but it was dropped which is about what I expect will happen here.

By the way, if you are thinking of building a Witch farm, wait until we update to 1.8. I understand that the structure is 50% larger on newly spawned ones. Plus you'll eliminate the risk of it breaking(cough maybe).
  3. because i have one located
    Pab10S likes this.
  4. Yeah the solution ended up being find new ones, so I did
    Pab10S likes this.
  5. That seems to be an overly complicated way of trying to resolve the issue of finding caves. Instead, a senior staff service that used worldedit to replace all air blocks with dirt blocks would make much more sense. Perhaps all blocks except for bedrock with dirt blocks as a more expensive version.

Of course, this brings into question: Can you get a senior staff service outside of town? Given that bedrock block removal is possible, there should be a policy on this in place already.
    herocrafter2912 likes this.
  6. well this is true but the premise is its still alot of player work in the wild
  7. +100
  8. I don't get it at all..... :(
    ShelLuser likes this.
  9. When you build a mob farm, you need to make sure that the ONLY place mobs will spawn is in the farm. Otherwise mobs will spawn in places where they won't get farmed (killed) which makes the farm less efficient.

To do this, you need remove all of those other places. This is done by lighting them up, filling them with water, using half slabs/ice/etc, or completely filling in the caverns with blocks. This is painstaking work when done correctly, taking weeks of constant work to get done properly.

More data here: http://minecraft.gamepedia.com/Tutorials/Mob_farm#Locations
  10. you wouldn't happen to mean working hard for something like this would you

I personal think a service like this would be unfair to all as not everyone would be able to pay " what i assume would be a massive amount" since it would be more or less like paying to cheat. It's really not hard to find caves. there are plenty of ways to do so legitly, like oh i don't know mining.
    ThaKloned, bitemenow15 and Pab10S like this.
  11. I am sure you met or exceeded the effort/reward ratio I had in mind when I made my post with that monstrosity, DT.
  12. I did tend to over due my farms didn't I. but boy does that squid farm pump out the ink. btw thats 500x500 area almost completely slabbed and all caves lit up.
    MoeMacZap and Pab10S like this.
  13. Eh, in my opinion it might've been better to create a new thread and link to this one in the OP, but oh well, I suppose this way people in this thread will get a notification from it which might be useful. Except many of the people who posted in this thread aren't active anymore.
    ShelLuser likes this.
  14. i still think its a good idea, it isnt SS filling in the caves for you, just making holes so you can fill them/light them/slab them/mine them. The holes might even be all the way to bedrock for all you know
  15. Yeah, this shouldn't have been bumped and it should have been in archives.
    Locking because this is denied.
    WayneKramer and bitemenow15 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.