[POLL] Pokémon Regions

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by nltimv, Jan 5, 2017.

?

Pokémon players: What was the first (official) Pokémon Region you've ever played in?

Kanto 9 vote(s) 29.0%
Johto 2 vote(s) 6.5%
Sinnoh 10 vote(s) 32.3%
Hoenn 5 vote(s) 16.1%
Unova 0 vote(s) 0.0%
Kalos 0 vote(s) 0.0%
Alola 4 vote(s) 12.9%
Orre (Colosseum & XD: Gale of Darkness) 1 vote(s) 3.2%
  1. I started with Heart Gold and it was so much fun. Then I hacked it with the Action Replay and my game broke. Serves me right.
    607, nltimv and PhoenixAffinity like this.
  2. No regions. The only game I played was Pokemon Go, and that was short-lived because the live video feature wouldn't work with my phone and it stole too much of my battery life.
    nltimv, UltiPig and Equinox_Boss like this.
  3. I never really played Pokemon at that level. My strategy was/is get super effective and use attacks with tons of attack power. To give you an example of how nooby I was, I used my masterball on one of the snorelaxes. I do remember fighting a muk at a gym and becoming incredibly frustrated because it had used minimize several times in a row and I could no longer hit it. That battle took forever. I also remember when a friend showed me the trick of purposely losing to the guy on the bridge who gives you a gold nugget. Depending on how persistent you were, you could make it rich. I started with the remake of red so they had added dark type pokemon to counter psychic and fixed many of the glitches.
    nltimv and PhoenixAffinity like this.
  4. Is Kanto the region for Pokemon Snap? If so then that was my first Pokemon game ever, of the more recognizable franchise? I still remember the Christmas I got Firered and literally played it 2 days straight...
    nltimv likes this.
  5. Aw good to know, yeah Fire Red came out when gen 3 was released (AKA Ruby, Sapphire and Emerald). Those games were pretty fun, they gave you the opportunity to chase down 1 of the 3 legendary beasts of Johto (if you chose either bulbasaur or squirtle, the beast you would find would have the risk of using roar, which would cause you to permantely miss the legendary, highly advised to save your masterball on those guys. Though Mewtwo is also a highly reccomended pokemon to use that on).
    jkrmnj and nltimv like this.
  6. Oh snap? Yeah that game was released before Mew was revealed, so that does count a bit.
    nltimv likes this.