[POLL] Pokémon Regions

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by nltimv, Jan 5, 2017.

?

Pokémon players: What was the first (official) Pokémon Region you've ever played in?

Kanto 9 vote(s) 29.0%
Johto 2 vote(s) 6.5%
Sinnoh 10 vote(s) 32.3%
Hoenn 5 vote(s) 16.1%
Unova 0 vote(s) 0.0%
Kalos 0 vote(s) 0.0%
Alola 4 vote(s) 12.9%
Orre (Colosseum & XD: Gale of Darkness) 1 vote(s) 3.2%
  1. See poll above :)

I originally wanted to ask you about your first game you've played, but sadly I haven't got enough poll options to do that, so feel free to comment below if you'd like to share.

Also feel free to share your favorite region/game below if you'd like to and why.

EDIT:

2. Bump :)
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  3. I started out with FireRed and really liked it. Emerald was my next one and is probably my favorite of them all. Specifically, I liked how open the world felt with the secret bases and massive amount of water and hidden locations. The post game place was really cool as well. I haven't played anything after Black and White, and those two were probably my least favorite. My main problem with them was that the world was just a rectangle and felt far too linear.

Edit: Second favorite is probably the silver/gold remake. I haven't played the originals for it though.
  4. I just picked one from the poll. The only pokemon games I've played are the Pokemon battle game on Nintendo 64 and Pokemon Go for my iphone.
    Equinox_Boss and nltimv like this.
  5. Just for clarification: If you've never played a core or side series Pokémon game, please don't vote in the poll. Thanks :)
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  6. My favorite Pokemon region is Alola! I recently got Pokemon Moon and I am liking the location of the area and how nice it looks :D Plus the Pokemon there are coolio.
  7. Sinnoh is love, Sinnoh is life. I started up with Pokemon Diamond back in 2007, so 10 years ago. I remember being terrible back then, yet I ended up taking down the champion and whole elite four with just my level 87 Empoleon, which I have to this day. Good times.
  8. Bump :)
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  9. I started with Pokemon Ruby, though technically I received both Pokemon Ruby and Pokemon Fire Red. Torchic was my starter, and I got that sucker all the way to lvl 100 without the use of any rare candies. My Blaziken's final moveset was Mirror Move, Fire Blast, Sky Uppercut and Rock Tomb. My full team at the end was Blaziken, Groudon, Rayquaza, Swellow, Linoone and Breloom (lol pretty bad team, I would go later to get some stuff like Salamence and Altaria, I never got Milotic though cause that's just too much trouble). I did get a shiny pokemon, but this was long after I beat the Elite Four like a billion times, a Shiny Cacturne who I just randomly stumbled as a Cacnea in the desert. One day I got the bright idea to see if I could just straight up sweep the Elite Four and Champion with just my Blaziken, I would also refrain from using heal items in battle. I normally use him to sweep Sidney's, Glacia's and mostly Steven's teams, which left a bit of a concern when fighting Drake and Phoebe. I'm not sure how I managed it, but I managed to beat all of them without the need for stuff like ethers. That has got to be the best thing I've done before I put that game down for the last time :)\ I lost that game unfortunately, otherwise I would have transferred all the pokemon over to Pokemon Pearl), That game remained was the first and for a while the only game I took the time to get multiple lvl 100 pokemon.

I plan go to ham on Pokemon Sun to get my team up once I can get my Shiny Rowlet (P.S. This is the first pokemon I have ever actively shiny hunted/ soft-resetted for, yeah kinda late because I was unable to get any of the gen 5 games and my siblings got all the gen 6 games). It will definitely be a fun experience to get to utilize the Hyper Training (IV Training) feature added to Sun and Moon, I got my team all planned out and most of the pokemon in it are competitively viable. I'll probably still get wrecked but it's an idea xD
  10. None yet.
    I will start with Kanto, though, and I'm planning to do that for my 18th birthday! :)
  11. Oh trust me Hyper Training is pretty great. They could've maybe done it like how they did it in the past 3D games, I'm not complaining though since I've been doing it for all my competitive Pokemon in Alpha Sapphire, which I'll transfer later. Just remember that Sun/Moon Hyper training requires the Pokemon to be level 100 and you'll need bottle caps.
  12. My first Pokemon game was Pokemon Go but next it was Pokemon Moon. I also picked up Pokemon Alpha Sapphire the other day because I'm about to go on a business trip and wanted something new to pass the time.
  13. I personally began with Pokemon Pearl. I wouldn't have it any other way, either - I absolutely loved the Sinnoh region. Barry was funny, the team was alluring in their own right with wanting to start the world over from scratch, Palkia was beyond intriguing - the graphics, by the way, I loved. I absolutely loved PDPT's art style.

I now have Platinum, and can't wait to play through the Sinnoh region again. :)
  14. Bump :)
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  15. Platinum is a rollercoaster, it took Diamond and Pearl and amplified it. Platinum is a very difficult game, for Nuzlockers and casual players alike, you will really need to consider each member of your team carefully when playing. Platinum has a much better story than Diamond and Pearl, I recommend taking your time to read everything that's going on cause its some really good stuff. And if you thought Cynthia was difficult before, she's even worst in Platinum.

I think you'll do good though, all the games in the Sinnoh region are tough in their own right. Good luck!
  16. Hoo dang! I do have a soft spot for Sinnoh, had one of the best Champions in the whole franchise(Steven was good, Kukui was definitely a pleasant surprise, Red was good too, but you cannot honestly beat the 1st Female Champion with a team as menacing as that). Also, out of the billion times I changed my save file I consistently chose Piplup, even though once fully evolved both Infernape and Torterra have super effective STAB to Empoleon.
  17. For you 5 fine folks who started with Kanto, did you guys find the mechanics overpowered at all? Such as, how your speed effected your chances of getting a crit? Or how Psychic pokemon like Mewtwo and Alakazam were a dominating force (RIP Gengar)? OHKO's were also a notable mechanic back then because their accuracy was higher and there wasn't any level limit on what pokemon you could use it on.
  18. I started playing Pokemon in 2005. My first game was Pokemon Blue. I trained all my pokemon to level 100, and then my dad sold the car that the game was in, and I lost everything. Also, I learned the difference between "affect" and "effect" because of this game.

My second game was Pokemon Gold, and I played several hundred hours of that, too.

I got Pokemon Diamond when it came out, and that was really fun. Because I was young and I didn't know what I was doing, I traded a Bidoof for a level 100 Turtwig (near the beginning).

I also got Platinum when it came out.

I got Heart Gold when it came out. I played that for a really long time. I don't know where the game is anymore.

I got Pokemon White when it came out, and that was amazing, too.

I skipped Pokemon Black 2 and White 2 because I didn't care about those versions.

Pokemon Y was awful.

Pokemon Alpha Sapphire was pretty good. I also played it for awhile.

Pokemon Sun and Moon are both very unappealing, and Pokemon was ruined for me when those games came out...

Now, what I think is really cool is that I remember all the music from Pokemon Blue to Pokemon White (every city, every route, every location).

I can't wait for the next-generation remakes of Pokemon Diamond and Pearl!
  19. THIS
    607, UltiPig, Equinox_Boss and 3 others like this.
  20. Pokemon X and Y was an experimental phase for Nintendo, but they definitely were missing some important things such as story and a actual aftergame. The Pokedex wasn't anything good either because it had fewer new Pokemon than even Johto, that's pretty bad.

Hm? I'm kinda curious about this opinion, didn't like how the box art legends were evolutions? There was much to be desired when Nintendo was thinking about the rival. Could it also possibly be because they took a risk and removed the Gyms? No matter what your reason is, it's good to see a opposing opinion on Sun and Moon.
    607, nltimv and Equinox_Boss like this.