[POLL] Make villager eggs spawn baby villagers

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Joshyy, Apr 2, 2013.

?

Should villager eggs spawn baby villagers?

Yes 12 vote(s) 20.0%
No 48 vote(s) 80.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yes, but having bred some villagers, you can just re-use the same stack of eggs over and over nonstop to get whatever trade you want, even though Minecraft was not designed to let you pick your trades from villagers, they're supposed to be random and some of them are supposed to be rare.

With animals, not only can you not re-use the same egg over and over to get more leather, but when you breed your animals you still have to wait 20 minutes for the baby to grow up before you can kill it and get the drops -- or, you kill the parents right away and you have to wait 20 minutes before the baby is an adult and can breed the next generation. Either way, there is a limit to how fast you can get stuff from animals, and there is supposed to be a limit with villagers too except EMC accidentally removed it via eggs.
  2. I posted this in the original suggestion thread too, but just to be clear, I concede that I am clearly in the minority and most EMC players prefer the way it is now. I still think it's cheap and dumb and kind of an exploit, but that's fine, I can be in the minority. I'll leave it to the EMC staff whether they want to keep this bug around because people like it, or fix it because it wasn't intended and kills the market for things that should be rare but you can cheese them from villagers instead.
  3. You just started :rolleyes: I can't take you serious anymore. I'm sorry that you are bad at villager trading
  4. May i ask what your opinion on obsidian generators is?
  5. Also cheap, for the same reason. Obsidian is supposed to be rare, making it out of string is obviously a bug.
  6. Cobble generators? Smooth? Ice?
  7. Not nearly so bad, because stone may as well be infinite anyway, and ice already is; they take something that's already common, and make it still common. Obsidian generators and EMC's villager eggs take things that are supposed to be rare and make them common, which I think is dumb. If you're going to do that, why not give out diamonds so they're not rare either?
  8. Just because its different doesnt mean its dumb. Its just fun and different.
  9. We will not be changing it any time soon, but may re-review the subject later down the road.
  10. One of the sad things to me with EMC has how it's never really lived up to "survival" as much as we could. Down the line I (personal opinion here) hope we go the route of fixing the villagers (yes, it technically is a bug). Survival is about being hard and in my experience getting good stuff is already WAY to easy with default villagers. It's almost like cheating with how they are at the current time.
    M4nic_M1ner likes this.
  11. umm, the "rare" enchants dropped in price because us supporters can get them too easily with grinders and the like.
  12. While we are at it with this villager rant. I vote we don't have towns, vault, don't even bother with wastelands, dragon tombs, infinity fireworks, live map, supporting, player shops, town shop, auctions, rupees, egging, locked chests, teleporting, minimaps, any other legal mods, mobarena, protected areas, entity limits, no website(forums), no reloading chunks, no special named items, no items or lvls crossing over to all emc servers, you lose lvls upon dying, and finally turn pvp on. I believe i got everything.... Well that'll fix it. Let's do this :D
  13. I tried single player already...wasn't fun.
    penfoldex, mba2012 and OrigamiJoe like this.
  14. I've closed another poll thread regarding this matter - Villagers will not be affected, if they are indeed affected, at least until AFTER everything else is updated/running, as it is very low priority. I've now closed this thread as well.
    bitemenow15 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.