[POLL] Make villager eggs spawn baby villagers

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Joshyy, Apr 2, 2013.

?

Should villager eggs spawn baby villagers?

Yes 12 vote(s) 20.0%
No 48 vote(s) 80.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. im saying that this change will give people with more reses an unfair advantage due to entcount on each res that is why it is relevant
  2. This would really only benefit utopia users.
  3. You only need to have one villager to use trading techniques, ent limits have almost no correspondents to this because of eggifying. Also, I still don't see a correlation to baby villagers...
  4. :/ this is a poll about a proposed change where all eggying will change the villager to a baby (thus you have to wait to see what it will trade) people with multiple reses and a larger entcount will be able to exploit this more then those with one res and a 100 entcount filled with cow sheep and whatever else
  5. Well that's kind of a perk that Diamond and Gold members get rightfully for paying money to EMC, it's kind of intended. It's like complaining that we get more free dirt. It's not that we "Get free dirt", it's that we pay for extra free dirt. (By free dirt, I mean the stuff you get when you claim a new residence)
  6. yes but at the moment it isnt that important because it doesent take 3 stacks of villager eggs to get a worthwhile trade that you have to wait for each one, if this proposed change does come around you can make 100 on each res and by the time you are done uneggying on fourth res all the ones on first res will be grown up and you can pick and choose untill satisfied
  7. personally i hope and pray to sweet baby ray jesus that this is an april fools prank by aikar oh HAHA real funny aikar
    PandasEatRamen likes this.
  8. That only works out if you have four residences close together, or someone AFKing in every residence. Remember, mobs will only grow in chunks that are being loaded. In all honesty I'm against this idea, baby villagers. It makes things unfair to not only everyone, but specifically non-supporters due to, as you had said, the mobcap. I agree with you on that, but Diamond members are given advantages for reasons. This would only create more outcries, really...
    bitemenow15 likes this.
  9. In that case, isn't it already "unfair" that all animal eggs already spawn babies, and you don't get any drops from baby animals? That means you have to use some of your entity limit to have an animal farm and wait for them to grow up before you can kill them for your items -- is that unfair, or is that just the way Minecraft works? If it's okay for animals, why do villagers have to be different and not require any actual breeding?
  10. because you know what you are going to get when an animal reaches maturity
  11. Cause you don't have to wait 20min to trade with a cow
  12. Because the animal issue could have had major consequences. As we have seen, no one was harmed by villager trading until you posted a thread about what you wanted.
  13. Look, 7 out of 37 people said yes. That's 19%. So many people on EMC would hate this. You're going off on how it's 'Vanilla' and the 'right experience'. I don't want the right experience on EMC. I would love if EMC stayed the way it was back when. But it isn't.

Another thing, EMC isn't vanilla. Never has been, never will be. The whole goal is to make the majority of the community happy, not 19% of us. That's ridiculous. EMC is french vanilla. Don't like it? Leave.

kthxbai
    cddm95ace likes this.
  14. You can spawn baby villagers you just gotta right click on the villager
  15. Gonna try and explain this in some kinda sane way...

• Animals can be directly bred using wheat/seeds/carrots/other stuff
    • Villagers can be bred indirectly using some kinda stupidly complex setup
    • Vanilla Minecraft has very few entity limits that deactivate animals/villagers
    • EMC has lots - www.emcwiki.com/tech
    • You can eggify villagers on EMC
    • You cannot in Vanilla Minecraft
    • EMC isn't vanilla
    • Vanilla is vanilla
    So there's the facts.
    No, because babies can be directly bred after they grow into adults, whereas villagers cannot.

Yes, you do. Just like you have to use them on your villager farm for them to breed, just villagers like to take rather a lot longer.

Well you see, I tried to use /entcount in vanilla Minecraft and I was told it was an invalid command...

Because animals can be directly bred. Villagers cannot. If people want to only use 1 villager egg to trade, then they buy that 1 egg off someone who bred that 1 egg on a villager farm, that actually bred the villager.
  16. thank you for being clear, i am bad at that but essentially in so many words thats what most of us have been saying this whole time.
  17. Taleden Get on EMC right Now and show me your Villagers!!!
    I'll be waiting at your res.
  18. Do you get leather from killing baby cows? No? Then you have to wait 20 minutes for them, too. Why is it suddenly the end of the world to have to wait 20 minutes, as intended, before you can trade with a new villager?
  19. You do have to wait 20 minutes to get a new villager (at least). See those villager eggs people are "fake breeding" using? They were bred using a "legitimate" villager farm - there's not an unlimited supply of them.
    jkjkjk182 likes this.
  20. I was just starting last night to build a villager breeder, when I realized it was a waste of time because EMC allows for the egg exploit instead. But I'd be more than happy to finish designing and building that system if you really want to see it and aren't just trolling.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.