Pokemon X & Y

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by cstll, Sep 17, 2013.

?

Which G6 starter will you be getting?

Chespin 13 vote(s) 38.2%
Fennekin 9 vote(s) 26.5%
Froakie 12 vote(s) 35.3%
  1. Oh no, there is nothing wrong with that! I stopped after generation 3 myself, and only own Soul Silver. :) I just can't help but notice that your profile picture. :p Again, nothing wrong with that, I'm just nit picking. :) IMO, Pokemon is timeless. My friends and I go to McDonalds once a month to play, and we usually play til around six in the morning.
    jacob5089, Equinox_Boss and L0tad like this.
  2. People play Pokemon on the iPhone.
  3. Pokemon was the 2nd video game franchise that I first started. My first game was Pokemon Sapphire, and I remember accidentally catching a Spheal with the master ball!

I still play the series, and it has been Math practice to me!! I now breed pokemon for the proper nature, moves, and individual values, then effort value train them!
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  4. Fact of de day a master ball has an EXTREMELY low chance of failing somewhere around 0.0000025% meaning it can fail
    ElectricKiwi, L0tad and Equinox_Boss like this.
  5. Unfortunately I wont be getting this for a while if ever :(
    If it was for all systems (at least the basic DS)
    I'd get it.
    One thing I don't like is fairy type and the other new types.
    They are kind of changing Pokemon into something it's not.
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  6. One thing I do like about this is the new mega evolutions that are coming out. Those look sick.
    Equinox_Boss and Chris_Flo like this.
  7. Yeah, I'm really not a fan of those type of pokemon, like that other one that's literally just a chandelier. But they are adding some new ones that look pretty good.
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  8. The fairy type has a reason to be added: it's ment to balance the dragon type. If you think about it, there are very few pokemon that can take Dialga's Roar of Time well. Even the steel type have problems because if I'm right, there's is no steel-type pokemon with a higher base special defense than defense.
    The fairy type also balances the offensive power of the steel and poison type. Prior to this type, steel infants super-effective damage to ice and rock, while poison only infants double damage against grass.

From what I can infer about fairy's characteristics is that they are weak to infamous attacking types. Steel is ment to defend and take most incomming attacks. Poison withers opponents overtime which is useful against pokemon that replenish hit points (HP).
    SuperVal_Junior likes this.
  9. Ugh I gotta get a 3ds soon

That way I can transfer my Pokemon for free for a month, especially my metagross!

Metagross is like, the best
  10. Yveltal all the way :p
    You can't even deny that he looks awesome -u-

About the fairy type...
    I like the idea of a type to face dragons but fairies...
    It just sounds wrong to me
    Fairy vs Dragon - Fairy wins? Bleh

But I do like the character customization o.o
    It's going to make multiplayer so much more interesting to play

Is anyone else pre-ordering? :p
    Chris_Flo likes this.
  11. wait what?
  12. Does nobody watch Nintendo Direct anymore?!
    Chris_Flo likes this.
  13. I think ill just fork over all the money when I get the game (so there goes about $250) but I swear, if chespins final evolution is as derpy as quilladin, I'm choosing froakie
  14. no...... whats going on? pls tell me
  15. Watch for yourself and find out

But lots of stuff, and I mean LOTS
  16. pokemon are kewl
    drowpassed and Chris_Flo like this.
  17. nothing can stay the same in this economy, if Pokemon stayed the same it would be in black and white on a gameboy with wired battles, we live in a world of micro-transactions and DLC, Pokemon is just keeping up with Pokemon bank (who needs 3,000 Pokemon?)
    Chris_Flo likes this.
  18. Well, Fairy type is the only new type. They made it so it would balance the type chart, because before, Dragon was only weak to other Dragon types and I think Ice types. So yeah, I don't think it was that bad of an addition.
    BilboBaggins23 likes this.
  19. There's a theory that each starter is based on the classic RPG classes (Quilladin being a Palladin). I think it's final evolution is probably going to be something bulky/buff.
  20. And on offense, fairy is immune to dragon. I agree for this because before the fairy type, how many possibilities do you have to stop an outrage?
    What I can think of immediately is the ice shard, Frosslass, or Cryogonal.
    Chris_Flo likes this.