Please Stop the madness

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Olaf_C, Jan 25, 2014.

1. Yeah, I believe these ads only pay out if they are clicked. At the end of the month, Aikar will see if they are actually effective.
  2. yep, CPM :) - Clicks per month (I think :p)
    Qkazooo likes this.
  3. I wonder how much a click is worth...
  4. .... not even a complete cent. i know my husband put click stuff on his website once for his business.. it was 100 clicks for like, 5 cents... that was that ad thing. no idea how much these ones are set for. but it clearly isn't worth the ugly annoyance they are to the people who've gotta see them every day.
  5. Aikar, give us some numbers here.
    battmeghs likes this.
  6. CPM is Cost Per Thousand, which is where you do get paid per view instead of click.

CPC is Cost Per Click

-----------------
    Too early to do that, but its 15 pixels high and blends in.... not exactly taking up much room, but does appear to be getting respectable number of clicks.

And our ads range up to 30 cents a click. Bigger businesses will bid dollars too.

If the ads really cause anyone problems please use adblock or consider supporting which blocks these new ads and the sidebar now.
    PandasEatRamen and battmeghs like this.
  7. I say we all click all the advertisements, then close the tab, and repeat 10 times a day. That might make some money :p
  8. Please do not do that. Only click ads that you are genuinely interested in.
    PandasEatRamen and jkjkjk182 like this.
  9. I get worse stuff ._. Btw explain to me why do I have a pop-up add in the MIDDLE if my live map :I
    southpark347 likes this.
  10. Just install Adblock
  11. Uh... I takes money to make money. If you block the income, then problems occur :p
    jkjkjk182 likes this.
  12. People buy supporterships... and I'm sure the supporterships make more money for EMC than the ads.
  13. You'd be surprised.
    REALLY surprised.
    jkjkjk182 likes this.
  14. Google says that if you put Ad "x" near the top it will generate the most revenue. It would be nice if you could hid ad's in the smallest most obscure spot but the revenue is generated because the spot in which the ad is displayed.
  15. Much wisdom, much surprise ;3
  16. "Very wow, much knowledge"
    -You-know-who
    Qkazooo, Xinn and mba2012 like this.
  17. Dose everyone get this ad when looking at ICC's profile?
  18. itsnoteven.png
    Also, for some reason I don't get ads on EMC even though I don't have adblock installed. Same thing happens on Fimfiction.
  19. I have had other websites that have ads. It really depends on the website itself. If it's a bad target people won't want to advertise on, it won't get good clicks / money per click.

On the other hand, I've had plenty of websites in the past, where in the first day I got a few bucks with maybe a click or two every now and then.

Also, if he used something other than Google Adsense, that coud have been a reason he didn't get anything for all the clicks.
    battmeghs likes this.
  20. I am going to bump this since I just got an advert for scientology marriage views ._.

Is there a way to get NORMAL things? I tried editing my age to 70 in hope of add's for cottage cheese, canes, and Honda's but now this is getting weirder.
    mba2012 and PandasEatRamen like this.