Please Stop the madness

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Olaf_C, Jan 25, 2014.

1. A question guys:

Lets pretend we're in AdLand, and we HAVE to show these two new mini ads somewhere else on the site, that means they'll appear on the same page. They have to be the same type, but the colours can be changed.

Where do you think these ads should be put?
  2. Squeeze them to the side :p.
    battmeghs likes this.
  3. Yes, I think you could, if you get adblock, turn it off for this domain, then specifically block that advert.
    (Right click - Adblock - Block this ad on this page)
    I haven't done it myself, but It should work :)
    Qkazooo and jkjkjk182 like this.
  4. They wouldn't fit. :p
  5. I should change my age to 70. All I will get is ad's for honda's, canes, and cottage cheese.
  6. Officially turned adblock off on EMC Site... Sorry aikar : )
    battmeghs and kyle12cu1 like this.
  7. I just hid those 2 new ads for supporters.

But style settings changed for those who see it, it should look better soon as google gets it all updated
    NZScruffy and Olaf_C like this.
  8. Mwahahahahaha I ninja'd the Aikar!
    Olaf_C likes this.
  9. With the one I said the link to in a quote of FDNY, you are able to disable it for a website and just select ads that you want gone. So yeah, you can just remove one ad and keep the rest.
  10. Another benefit to be a supporter!
  11. Got on my alternate for a minute to see what the add looks like when you are a non supporter. Looks a lot better when it is at least centered a bit.
  12. blocking ads also blocks youtube videos on emc, this is the only site i have adblockpro turned off for
    Bro_im_infinite, Olaf_C and jkjkjk182 like this.
  13. Strange, I've never had that problem with adblock on EMC. All videos show for me.

As for supporting EMC, I already support EMC by supporter status and displaying ads on my phone when I am on the EMC site. I'd rather not see annoying ads when I am on my PC. :)
    MrUnknownian, mba2012 and Olaf_C like this.
  14. I've relocated sidebar up higher and also hid that to supporters. But i took into account the most used things on sidebar so its still below recent threads/server status... Doesn't push those down any.

Since the header/footer ones don't interfere with content, going to leave those showing to supporters.
    FDNY21, technologygeek and Olaf_C like this.
  15. Well, I am satisfied with this. Thanks, aycat.
  16. LOL, I just showed Sonicol1 and Brit the same thing. :I
    Jcplugs, cddm95ace and Olaf_C like this.
  17. Waaat? Doesn't do that for me 0-e Are you sure that's not another plugin/add-on?
  18. i got like super strict settings i guess, probly from browsing the deep web
    PandasEatRamen, jkjkjk182 and mba2012 like this.
  19. Heh. I've done that before :3