Please Stop the madness

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Olaf_C, Jan 25, 2014.

1. These ads are an eyesore on a not dark color setting. geez...
    battmeghs likes this.
  2. People use them? o.o
    jkjkjk182 likes this.
  3. I actually went to take a look at them, and after the initial shock, they arent too bad
  4. Ya its just a big change, and I used to use a site that had light as a default and I didn't know how too change it. Plus, you can see all dem hidden gray texts :3
  5. Oh believe me, it's much more bothersome towards me...
  6. I get pretty good ads. PhD in Management. Google really knows me :p

Except, I'm not quite at the stage of doing a PhD :p
    jkjkjk182 likes this.
  7. I've had advertisements for Edge Hill, which is my mum's university. I hate that University. Google doesn't know me. Google doesn't even know I probably won't do University because i'd be re-learning things I learnt at the age of 11 :p
  8. Meanwhile, on my side of the internet...
    lulwut.PNG
    Who wants to come with?
  9. -.- You'll relearn that stuff in the first year, and the next two or three will be new stuffs...
  10. dunno, you paying?
    jkjkjk182 likes this.
  11. I'll come if you pay. I'll do my PhD on the way :p
    jkjkjk182 likes this.
  12. I'll pitch in if all 3 of us pay :D
  13. Me right now:

Also yeah, i'll come. Let me just nip down to the local pharmacy and hope they think i'm 16.
    OTHERWISE we'll have to wait 2 years and 4 months. *Damn, if only the UK government went through with moving 'that' age limit to 14 in November, and we wouldn't have this problem*
  14. Too bad most internet users that use youtube have the plugin installed.. including me :p
  15. No where in the rules says that.. I mean, EMC staff probably don't WANT players to be using the plugin, but the only reason I installed mine was to stop those REALLY annoying youtube ads and those crazy sexual ads on other websites.
    SoulPunisher likes this.
  16. the ads on Empire are absolutely horrible. lol they are just so terribly placed.. like put them WAY down at the bottom so they aren't right in the center of everything maybe? please?
    .. what exactly do they give EMC? if its a few bucks that really isn't worth anything. lol
    SoulPunisher and mba2012 like this.
  17. It won't actually be giving EMC much money because if we all hate them, we won't be clicking on them, and that's what EMC gets paid for.
  18. Are you sure? On youtube you don't have to click on the ad, it justs needs an amount of views and likes on the video of the ad.
  19. i've never once clicked on them and i never ever will.. lol
  20. I just remembered. Players can FUND the empire with supporterships, not mostly ads. Not many members love clicking on ads, but they sure love buying supporterships. As a person who has had supporter ships for 5+ months, I could really care less if I had Adblock on.
    mba2012 and Olaf_C like this.